Senior Performance Analyst
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
You would be responsible for performance measurement and portfolio analysis across Fidelity's global based Institutional funds.
Fidelity in Ireland
Fidelity International has operated in Ireland since 2000 and is home to the Fidelity International Irish business (FIL Fund Management, FIL Life Insurance and FIL Transaction Services). Our core business activities are focused around the provision of Fund Accounting, Investment Operations, Treasury, Foreign exchange and Client Services.
Late 2015 we announced the creation of a global shared services structure reflecting our desire to design a global organisation in line with our strategic vision to deliver better futures for our clients. This function plays an essential role in strengthening our culture of continuous improvement enabling us to create simpler, more automated, and scalable and lower-risk ways of meeting clients' needs quickly
This exciting venture in one of Europe's largest financial services centres creates significant opportunities for those looking to grow their careers in an international company.
About Investment Statistics
The Investment Statistics group provides performance information and portfolio analysis for Fidelity International Limited (FIL) worldwide. Starting 2016, the department has been located in Dublin, and consists of several teams that provide a variety of investment performance related services and analysis to all areas of the FIL business. Investment Statistics comprises of teams that are responsible for performance measurement and portfolio analysis for over 2000 Institutional and Retail funds. The data provided will include fund and benchmark returns, performance attribution, as well as ex-post risk analysis. Another team will take responsibility for data integrity on the team's core database.
The Initiatives team is responsible for calculating Portfolio Manager Compensation metrics and supporting our GIPS compliance and on providing more complex analysis and supporting senior management reporting.
Purpose of your role
The institutional team are for performance measurement and portfolio analysis across Fidelity's global based Institutional funds. The data provided will include fund and benchmark returns, performance attribution and ex-post risk analysis. These are provided primarily on a monthly and quarterly basis. The key clients of the team are the global Sales Directors and client portfolio managers who interact directly with the individual institutions. The Team looks after all performance and analysis reporting for these clients. The team provides data for use in external publications, report and accounts, as well as producing a wide variety of analysis and internal management reports.
What you'll do
- Calculation and validation of performance and benchmark returns using both internal and external systems, including:
- Production of equity Brinson-Fachler attribution analysis using internal and external systems (as above).
- Calculation of ex-post risk measure and statistics (Drawdown, TE, IR, Alpha, Beta, etc).
- Responsible for the accuracy of performance related statistics and reference data on the systems mentioned above. This data includes benchmark statistics, total expense ratios, hedging policy, currency of management and reporting
- Involvement in complex performance and risk projects and system testing as required.
- Taking ownership for a specific group of funds directly related to a client base.
- Working to specific agreed deadlines. The majority of which are driven by client demand.
- Understanding of the portfolios in which clients' money is invested.
- Responding to ad-hoc queries and requests from sales directors and/or client managers.
- Assisting colleagues where required.
- Providing support to broader Investment Statistics team.
- Providing support to broader Fidelity teams (Investments, Sales, Marketing, Client Servicing).
Your skills and experience
- Degree in Maths / Statistics / Finance, Econometrics is required with MSc Preferred
- Two years' experience directly related to a performance and risk statistics role within Asset Management.
- Would consider candidates without direct experience provided they have a minimum Three years' experience in the funds industry.
- Advanced MS Excel.
- Knowledge of vendor systems such as Morningstar, Factset, Datastream and Bloomberg
- Strong numerical and statistical skills as evident by existing or previous employment.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial markets and investment management.
- Good system skills, particularly Excel.
- Self-motivated and responsive to a changing environment.
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn new skills and continue self-development.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels (up to senior management).
- Team contributor.