PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Portfolio Associate Team Overview
The Portfolio Associate team plays a crucial role in supporting Portfolio Managers and fostering internal relationships with various stakeholders across the firm's global offices. On a daily basis, Portfolio Associates actively monitor portfolios, assisting Portfolio Managers in rebalancing risks and providing operational support. They are encouraged to think creatively, develop innovative solutions, and create essential tools and reporting methods to enhance the Portfolio Management team's effectiveness. Responsibilities
- Operational implementation of systematic quant strategies will be the primary focus of this role
- The secondary focus will be to support the Alternatives business in Europe.
- Utilizing proprietary risk systems to monitor portfolio exposures and understanding the systematic trade lifecycle
- Escalating and resolving operational issues that arise during the implementation process
- Collaboration with Traders, Portfolio Managers, and Technology teams across regions - working closely with these stakeholders to ensure effective communication and coordination of efforts
- Performing day-to-day monitoring of an automated trading system
- Triaging problems such as trading outages and market data issues, as well as managing the control mechanisms of the trading system to ensure smooth operation
- Coordinating the daily responsibilities handover across different time zones
- The ideal candidate should have an effective understanding of execution algorithms and Trade Cost Analysis (TCA)
- A good understanding of quantitative investment models and prior experience in quant/systematic trading support is preferred
- Strong knowledge of fixed income transactional processes, including exchange traded derivatives and currencies, is required
- The candidate should have a good understanding of fixed income and equities, including knowledge of various cash and derivative instruments
- Clear communication skills are necessary to operate effectively in the complex financial environment
- Proficiency in Excel, including VBA and SQL, as well as programming skills in multiple languages, is preferred
- Process-oriented background and the ability to demonstrate keen portfolio risk and operational awareness are important
- Outstanding analytical skills and the ability to function efficiently and problem-solve in a fast-paced and time-critical environment
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.