Who we are looking for
In this role, you will work as a member of a Scrum team leading the overall quality planning and execution for one of Charles River's products, providing support and assistance to customers, team members, and other teams within Charles River.
The candidate will be well versed, hands-on with testing methodologies, automation techniques, integration testing with a solid understanding of performance testing. In addition, the candidate should be familiar with the latest trends and best practices in the testing industry. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of a global, cross-divisional group supporting State Street AlphaSM.
State Street AlphaSM redefines the common definition of 'alpha' to mean powering better performance and outcomes at every point on the investment lifecycle and is the first open platform from a single provider that connects the front, middle and back office. It harmonizes data, technology and services across trusted providers to help our clients better manage their businesses. What you will be responsible for
As Senior QA Analyst I you will
What we value
- Work closely with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, developers, business analysts and other project team members to assist in carrying out the software quality responsibilities of the Scrum team
- Create comprehensive test plans with well defined, reusable test cases from business requirements and functional specifications documents
- Execute manual and automated functional, integration, regression, and performance tests
- Maintain automated and manual test script libraries for functional, integration, regression, and performance testing
- Document software defects in the issue tracking system and proactively communicate issues with developers and other project team members
- Provide testing leadership by identifying opportunities for improvement in the Scrum team's QA methodology
- Adhere to a testing schedule to ensure efficient and effective product delivery
- Actively participate in the Agile software development process by adhering to the CRD Scrum methodology including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
- Participate in group testing activities as needed
- Guide and mentor junior staff in proper creation and planning of test processes
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 4 - 7 years of experience in software testing in a process driven technology environment
- Demonstrated experience using test cases, scripts, and automated test tools for verifying requirements on multi-tier applications
- Demonstrated ability translating business requirements into comprehensive functional and technical test plans
- Knowledgeable in one or more CRD functional areas strongly desired
- A minimum of 3 years working with an Agile development methodology strongly desired
- Effective written and verbal communication
About State Street What we do.
- B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study or Business with an MIS background. MS degree strongly preferred.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers