Senior QA Automation Engineer, Charles River Development, Assistant Vice President
What we are looking for:
This is a hands-on technical role requiring current experience working with large scale, cross-functional automation frameworks providing well-balanced coverage across UI, back-end integration and database levels.
The candidate should be a sharp, experienced software automation engineer with strong problem-solving skills and a solid software testing foundation. This role requires a talented, detail oriented, enthusiastic individual who is passionate about quality with the ability to grasp tough issues quickly and deliver well engineered, high quality solutions. Why this role is important to us:
This position will work with the QA automation architect and team lead to implement cutting edge complex quality engineering automation frameworks, tools and other solutions for software development and deployment initiatives to ensure the software meets quality expectations.
Practical experience in test and process automation. With cutting edge tools for Web, Desktop, DB and Web-service testing (Selenium, Ready API, etc.) and strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment will be required.
Experience in in i dentifying test data management needs and implementing them is a must.
Financial services industry experience is preferred.
The role will require an individual who can mentor QA team members to implement and scale automation. What you will be responsible for:
Education and other preferred qualifications:
- Engage with teams/projects to assess their maturity level and recommend and/or assist in implementing test automation for the given functional area.
- Create comprehensive test automation scripts from business requirements and functional specifications documents for product features of moderate complexity.
- Execute automated functional, integration, regression, and performance tests.
- Maintain automated script libraries for functional, integration, regression, and performance testing.
- Interpret results of automation tests and document software defects in issue tracking system; proactively communicate issues with developers and other project team members.
- Provide testing leadership by identifying opportunities for improvement in the Scrum team's QA automation methodology.
- Keep abreast of automation testing technologies and best practices with an eye to evolving automation frameworks and testing methodologies.
- Assist in driving mature test automation capabilities, such as BDD/ATDD capabilities that allow teams to shift testing and test automation as far left as possible.
- Develop and plan automation testing activities related to enterprise software development with enthusiasm and a natural ability to deliver on short time lines.
- Improve the Testing/automation architecture by continuously reducing the testing cycle time enabling the CI\\CD models by working closely with various teams
- Debug automation framework and resolve technical issues working with application teams
- Assist in developing the required testing automation dashboards to monitor application KPIs, utilizing relevant technology for effective quality assurance monitoring
- Manage all test environments, test devices and OS versions required for testing
- Define test data for robust automated testing and implement a process to maintain and expand that "Gold" copy of the data for QA.
B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study or Business with an MIS background. MS degree strongly preferred. Experience:
About State Street What we do.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in developing and maintaining automated test suites.
- 2+ years hands on experience in developing and maintaining test automation framework or architecture that is scalable and maintainable to dynamic business needs.
- 2+ years of experience in Micro services, Web services testing using SOAP and REST based service & XML, JSON.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and GIT and other relevant tools.
- Exposure to testing tools such as Selenium Webdriver, Silk4NET, Gradle, Jenkins.
- Familiarity with Teamcity, Git, Confluence, JIRA, Docker, ELK stack.
- Strong experience with database testing (Oracle, SQL/NoSQL).
- Experience working in automated test and continuous deployment environments.
- Experience working with mixed onshore/offshore teams.
- Experience in cloud application projects preferable Azure.
- Superior communication and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems independently.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers