Contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of one or more Charles River IMS modules or components as a senior member of an agile scrum team. Provide engineering troubleshooting assistance to customer support teams and other development teams within Charles River.
CRD is currently expanding the capabilities of our products in several new areas. The Senior Software Engineer / Java Developer will work on developing new Java middle tier / server side functionality for the system. This position will involve new product development and requires financial software experience or alternatively a strong understanding and interest in financial markets.
We employ 200+ of the best and brightest developers and quality engineers in the software industry. This is an opportunity to work within a very strong, senior level engineering team and help to develop challenging new products in the financial space. Responsibilities
- The Software Engineer / Java Developer influences and impacts the architecture, standards, and design of key product initiatives for applications in Java services in Cloud Native Technologies.
- Contribute as a Sr. individual contributor within a team of top engineers
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
About State Street What we do.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent field is REQUIRED
- 5 to 10+ years of commercial software development, proficient in developing multi-tier solutions
- Minimum 5 years of professional Java development experience
- Technical experience includes:
- extensive Java, J2EE n-tier application experience
- hands-on experience with web services
- strong SQL skills with considerable experience in Oracle or SQL Server
- knowledge of XML / XSL
- experience with Tomcat, SpringBoot
- strong with OO design and development
- solid grasp of algorithms, solving difficult heuristic/optimization types of problems
- experience with developing applications for the financial markets is high desirable (Fixed Income, Trading, FX, Risk, Portfolio/Wealth Management, Market Data, FIX etc)
- Product delivery experience includes developing and supporting commercial software products which were sold to non-technical customers in vertical markets
- Sr. Individual Contributor or Architect level considered the top within their organization
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt quickly to changes
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, ability to gather and understand requirements in the financial sector
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers