At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly
. As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role.
Prudential International Assurance ('PIA') is an Irish domiciled insurance undertaking which is part of the M&G plc Group. PIA has two branches, one in the UK (Third Country Branch) and one in Poland (EEA Branch).
PIA is a leading insurer in the UK offshore bond market, providing multi-asset solutions to UK nationals resident in the UK, the Crown Dependencies and selected countries in continental Europe. PIA's current markets outside of the UK include Poland (via the Poland Branch), France, Spain, Malta, Cyprus, Gibraltar and the Crown Dependencies (Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey).
PIA also provides a wholesale market solution that facilitates European domiciled third party distributors to make investments in the PAC With-Profits Fund. Role purpose
The purpose of this role is to oversee all tax related matters for PIA and ensure PIA is compliant with corporate and policyholder tax requirements in all the regions in which PIA operates Key responsibilities
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of all tax returns, including corporate income tax, VAT, and other relevant taxes.
- Stay abreast of changes in Irish tax laws and regulations.
- Ensure requirements related to policyholder tax are being met in all the jurisdictions in which PIA operates.
- Ensure compliance with all tax reporting obligations, including FATCA and CRS.
- Provide accurate and comprehensive tax information for financial reporting purposes.
- Collaborate with the finance team to ensure seamless integration of tax data into financial statements.
Audit and Compliance:
- Coordinate and manage tax audits, liaising with external auditors and tax authorities.
- Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure tax compliance.
- Report to the Board Audit Committee on tax compliance and other tax related matters.
- Advise internal stakeholders on the tax implications of business decisions and potential risks.
- Provide guidance on tax implications for new products and initiatives
- Oversee transfer pricing policies, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Collaborate with the global tax team on transfer pricing documentation.
Key skills and knowledge required
- Build and maintain strong relationships with external tax advisors, authorities, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Serve as the point of contact for tax-related inquiries.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Professional certification (e.g., ACCA, ACA) is highly desirable.
- Extensive (8+ years) experience in tax management within the insurance industry, with a strong understanding of UK and Irish tax laws.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with cross-functional teams..
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Proactive in staying updated on changes in tax legislation.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Strategic thinker with a focus on long-term tax planning.
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.