Requirement is for a Solution Architect with previous experience of leading the IT Design of large scale Transformation, Sustainment or Regulatory change projects with relevant experience across the Financial Services domain.
Key Accountabilities for this role are as follows:
The successful candidate will be accountable for the definition of the optimal IT Solution Architecture across the Bank’s Suite of Technology Applications. They will take a lead role in creating appropriate Technology Solution Designs that are required to realise the documented business requirements in respect of Architectural Standards.
The candidate will be expected to be a self-starter with ability to challenge current business thinking and have a proven track record of delivering successful business outcomes through the Design and Delivery of Technology changes.
- Deliver Architecture Blueprints and high level Technical Specifications which are aligned to the Banks Target Architecture for review and approval by the Solution Architecture Board.
- Ability to collaborate and communication effectively with key stakeholders such as the Business Sponsor, Change Analysts, Technology and Architecture Teams through the entire change lifecycle of a project.
- Provide relevant inputs and subject matter expertise during an RFP Evaluation Process.
- Act as a role model for the team by always demonstrating the highest standards in solution Architecture
- Leading and motivating teams to deliver innovative solutions to our clients
- Develop and mentor colleagues and team members at different levels of experience and with different skill sets
- Ability to handle different projects across multiple work streams, with proven leadership over a wide variety of business and technology problems
Criteria relevant for the role:
- 10 years or more of post-qualification IT experience with proven experience design of highly complex solutions across large scale organisations
- 5+ years in adopting TOGAF or similar methodology to enterprise architecture design and implementation.
- Experience working with architecture tools, frameworks and methodologies with the ability to define, publish, and maintain high quality architecture documentation.
- Proven experience of application architecture design patterns and leading practices including implementation of non-functional requirements.
- Knowledge and appreciation of IT governance processes with experience providing architectural governance across multiple projects.
- Strong ability to provide thought-through, clearly articulated, pragmatic solutions and recommendations to complex business problems.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise work load, meet project deadlines, and drive results
- Ability to communicate complex / technical issues clearly to all stakeholders, up to and including senior stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience in multiple formal SDLC methodologies including Agile
- Relevant experience in Financial Services a distinct advantage
- A strong technology background with a proven track record in Application, Information and Infrastructure technologies and best-practices software design.