State Street Global Advisors, Senior Business Development - Asset Management, Vice President
The Irish market is one of the most important markets within Europe, both in terms of current business as well as future growth prospects. The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the largest asset managers in the world. We partner with many of the world's largest, most sophisticated investors and financial intermediaries to help them reach their goals through a rigorous, research-driven investment process. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. This includes both active, index, multi-asset as well as ESG solutions: we are always inventing new ways to invest. Purpose of Role
As an Account Executive, you will work closely with the Head of Distribution to execute on our growth strategy in the Irish market. The role will have a strong emphasis on sales and new business generation across existing and new business segments. You will identify prospects and engage senior decision makers within each of the respective channels (including institutional, wealth and financial institutions). The role will have a high degree of focus on connecting with market participants and ensuring that we are consistently progressing opportunities and building the SSGA brand in the Irish marketplace.
We offer the opportunity to work with some of the leading minds in the global investment management industry to bring creative investment solutions to our clients and prospects. You will evidence a strategic mindset and work closely with our investment strategists across all asset classes in order to enhance the opportunity pipeline which will be a key measure of success of the role. Major Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Lead and execute against the growth strategy for the business in Ireland by primarily focusing on new prospect relationships and building out an opportunity pipeline across existing and new client segments.
- Deliver against revenue targets and associated metrics.
- Lead and manage all stages of commercial opportunities and processes.
- Ensuring our clients and prospects receive positive experiences with the firm by committing to extraordinary client servicing, pre-empting any possible problems and actively improving standards.
- Attending client/prospect meetings and conferences.
- Safeguarding the integrity and culture of our firm by championing risk and compliance policies that protect our clients' interests.
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with others in the business as we progress initiatives that make us even more relevant to our clients and prospects.
Specific Technical Knowledge / Qualifications
- Completed University degree or equivalent degree from a business school. CFA or equivalent graduate-level finance qualification is a plus.
- Consistent and proven track record in a senior sales role within a financial institution with clear evidence of building new clients and prospects across segments.
- Experience within a global investment management firm with a broad range of investment capabilities
- Solutions mindset with clear evidence of gravitas and credibility.
- Proven ability to form influential relationships with senior level industry stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of the environment - competitors, regulators, industry bodies, markets, client needs, products and solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of portfolio management theory, asset classes and investment markets. Expertise in a range of single and multi-asset class solutions.
- Global mindset and appreciation of operating in a diverse working environment.
- Knowledge of the legal, compliance and regulatory provisions associated with the role.
- Strong listening and influencing skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong idea generation, action orientation and goals focus.
- Effective planning and organising abilities.
- Experience in navigating complex financial institutions with proven and demonstrable success in winning and managing complex client relationships.
- Understands and can navigate the needs of a sophisticated asset management client including dealing, reporting, performance, transitions, STP etc.
- Can authoritatively describe investment process, products and vehicles. Expertise in traditional and alternative investment management products.
- Verbal and written proficiency in such products and markets will be a primary driver of success.
- Advanced communication and client relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide fresh insights and new ways of approaching issues based on well-articulated facts and reasoning.
- Commitment to risk, compliance, governance and regulation policies and procedures.
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial approach
- Confident and dedicated
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Solution oriented mindset
- Strong technical ability with investment industry knowledge.
- Thrives within a collaborative environment
- Enthusiastic, motivated and open
- Excellent time-keeping and adherence to deadlines