The Support Analyst position provides support and integration services to our clients for resolution of software and data issues. The Support team work directly with clients, product engineering, business analysis and DBA teams to ensure that any issues raised are resolved in a satisfactory manner. Issues to be resolved are typically quite complex and require detailed investigation.
The position offers a great opportunity for growth within the company. There is also the potential opportunity for analysts to work on site with clients in locations worldwide.
Duties & accountabilities
- Troubleshoot day-to-day customer issues and provide direct support to clients by phone, email, and CRM tools.
- Responsible for incident logging, understanding the problem, prioritisation, tracking numerous issues of varying severity, independent assessment of impact and risks, ownership of the issue, and effectively managing the resolution.
- Work with colleagues and external partners for issues that require escalation and manage the issue through to resolution.
- Keep up to date with new features and functionality enhancements in the applications being supported
- Assist in requirements gathering and the delivery of Change Requests.
- Assist in the preparation of specification documents, business requirements and impact assessments.
- Assist in the implementation of projects, providing system knowledge and process understanding.
- Responsible for maintaining relevant documentation.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business or technology
- Relevant experience of 2 - 4 yrs required
- Worked in a customer facing role
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Trouble Shooting issues
- Technical and analytical skills
- Experience supporting users in a complex application environment an advantage
- Knowledge of capital market, corporate action, trade processing a definite plus
- Working knowledge of change management
- Passionate about our business.
- Excellent problem solving Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Attention to detail.
- Strong inter-personal skills with practical, can-do approach.
- Self-motivated, proactive work ethic
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.