Syndicated Loans –Senior Associate/ Analyst
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Stepstone Global
- 22 Aug 18 2018-08-22
In this position you will closely collaborate with other members of the private debt, legal, reporting and operations teams, specialized managers in syndicated loans in the US and Europe and external service providers.
StepStone is a global private markets specialist overseeing over US$240 billion of private equity allocations, including approximately US$40 billion of assets under management. The Firm creates customized portfolios for the world’s most sophisticated investors using a highly disciplined research-focused approach that prudently integrates fund, secondary, credit and co-investments. StepStone offers customized private markets investment management and advisory services to institutional clients using industry leading analytics and research capabilities, with a focus on providing highly responsive and collaborative client service. The Firm covers the global private markets across multiple sectors and operates from offices in Beijing, Cleveland, Dublin, Hong Kong, La Jolla, London, Luxembourg, New York, Perth, San Francisco, São Paulo, Seoul, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, and Zurich.
Essential Job Functions:
Your tasks in the syndicated loans’ area will include:
- Monitoring existing syndicated loan managers and managers’ mandates including portfolios and performance analyses, compliance with the investment guidelines and restrictions, monthly review calls, review of cash levels, etc.
- Monitoring sub-IG Corporate Credit Markets including single credit news, industry trends, new issuance activity, market trends (credit spreads, defaults, flows, CLO issuance, etc), sub-markets (LBOs, middle markets, etc) and other
- Tracking fundamental trends of the universe (leverage levels, interest coverage, etc)
- Reviewing price challenges and exception requests from the managers
- Supporting the sourcing of additional syndicated loan managers and preparing strategic due diligence investment memos covering track record, loan capabilities, related businesses, etc
- Monitoring peer performance including ETF and mutual funds
- Preparing responses/presentations to the clients
- Liaising with internal and external legal counsels
- Helping to manage the existing platform (dividend payments, cash projections, etc).
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- You have a minimum of 4-5 years’ work experience in an investment management area
- Previous experience or some exposure to private debt markets in a capacity of an underwriter, originator, credit officer or investor is a must have
- Previous experience in Project Management/ Accounting is desirable
- Your ability to analyze and present complex matters in a comprehensive way makes it easy for others to follow your argumentation
- You are a proficient user of Microsoft Office. Fluency in English as well as a valid work permit for the EU is mandatory
- You can demonstrate experience in valuation and investment analysis
Other Desired Skills/Attributes:
- Flexibility—StepStone is a dynamic and entrepreneurial organization; all professionals are expected to perform multiple functions
- Promote and demonstrate a positive, team‐oriented attitude
- Applied experience in valuation and investment analysis
- You are solution-oriented and are able to work independently