Systems Analyst, Upgrade Team - SaaS Operations; Charles River (AVP)
Charles River provides an end-to-end solution to automate front and middle office investment management functions across asset classes on a single platform. Delivered as a hosted service, the solution improves data quality and investment professional productivity, controls risk and lowers technology costs. Charles River serves more than 350 investment firms in over 40 countries in the institutional asset and fund management, private wealth, alternative investments, insurance, banking and pension markets. Charles River were acquired by State Street in October 2018. Background:
A client facing, business and technical role responsible for all aspects of managing and upgrading production Charles River systems for multiple clients as part of the Charles River Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings which includes Application management for hosted and non-hosted clients. Responsibilities:
This role involves working closely with multiple clients, providing expert support for Clients including;
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Client assistance in optimal use of the system
- User administration/privileges
- Parameter configuration changes.
- System availability.
- Application and database performance tuning.
- Daily operational processing, monitoring and support.
- Charles River IMS and database software patches
- Managing the upgrade process for Charles River version upgrades.
- Assistance with problem support and resolution.
- Business continuity/Disaster recovery assistance.
- Working with colleagues to smoothly transition new Clients to production operation.
- Working with vendors as partners to deliver a tightly integrated, seamless service to Charles River clients.
- Participation in the development and on-going refinement, enhancement and continuous process improvement for the services.
- Participation in the investigation, implementation and operation of 3rd party tools to enhance and streamline the delivery of the services.
- Periodic out of hours and weekend support.
- Proven relevant experience in a similar role, preferably in Financial services.
- Proven ability to be the lead analyst on a project and to partner with various successfully deliver projects on time and within scope whilst ensuring a superior Client experience.
- Experience in MS SQL Server or Oracle; configuration, operations and basic administration functions.
- Some experience with the following is preferred; servers, operating systems, networks, scripting, XML programming languages, job scheduling software, DevOps tools, system monitoring software and business continuity.
- Excellent customer service skills, technical troubleshooting skills and communication skills.
- University degree in a technical or analytical discipline eg Maths, Computer Science, Engineering or Statistics.