Technical Lead - Data Engineer
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you will use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You will work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
The Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region has 37 office locations, about 23,000 employees and a reported revenue of $15.8 billion in 2019, close to 14% percent of the firm's global revenue. We cover about 110 local regulators, making it crucial for us to have a strong governance and control framework.
The GTI EMEA organization is responsible for providing these services to all EMEA offices leveraging the global GTI core product teams as appropriate.
As an experienced Infrastructure Development professional, your mission is to help lead our team of technologists toward creating next-level reporting and control checks automation solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your hands-on knowledge in system design, application development, testing and operational stability will help the wider EMEA teams deliver high quality control checks and reports required for Local Governance and Senior Management Steering Committees.
You will be instrumental in solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, converting manual spreadsheet and data collection methods, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You will see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires the wider team to follow suit.
As the SME in infrastructure development you will be helping to skill-up our existing engineers to use more modern technologies around agile software development and adopt DevOps. And best of all, you will be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world to tackle big challenges. Role Description:
This role is intended to provide function that delivers across a number of areas, including:
Key Skills / Attributes / Work Experience:
- Modernizing existing reporting for Audit RFIs, Service Reviews, Control Checks Automation in EMEA
- Providing learning and development to other infrastructure engineers across the EMEA region.
- Developing new control checks & reporting framework using GAIA, MariaDB, Quantum & CORe
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Understanding cloud, virtualization and APIs
- Strong experience in ETL and Data Warehousing using a tool like Alteryx
- Strong experience in Business Intelligence and dashboarding tools like Tableau
- Experience in modernising reporting activities from VB, Excel and Macros to Python
- Excellent understanding of development concepts and SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages (Python, Java, JS, Groovy, C, C++, Go)
- Experience with building messaging, event-driven architectures
- Experience with multiple database platforms (SQL, Oracle, MariaDB)
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career