You will be part of service delivery to all users of AMO technology platforms. You'll work in close partnership with infrastructure teams collaborating on programmes of a strategic nature.
Purpose of your role
You will be responsible for working with the Asset Management Opoerations Senior Support Manager managing an organisation that is responsible for service delivery to all users of the platform, being recognised as a Trusted Advisor, building confidence in coordination/management of issues, anticipating future support requirements in an ever-evolving business environment, and ensuring long term stability of the platform. You will be responsible for application environments in close partnership with infrastructure teams which meet or exceed business requirements in a robust, supportable, and cost-efficient manner.
Success in this role will require building strong and engaging relationships with your business and technology stakeholders both internally and externally to drive operational excellence and enhance the client support experience.
As a senior support analyst, you will act in a manner consistent with FIL values, demonstrating a passion for completing work with an emphasis on quality, setting high standards of excellence, maintaining a stable and supportable environment, and enthusiastically taking on new challenges. Fostering a "one global team" culture, encouraging the free sharing of knowledge, and collaborating across borders.
You will be responsible for supporting the daily support activities within working with your regional colleagues across a number of geographies and will perform a key role in taking accountability for operational stability of critical business applications, data and reporting platforms.
The successful candidate would be expected to assist in production support & maintenance of AMO applications with a focus on specific business needs and service-oriented approach. The role requires the candidate to be able to do following prime functions:
- to operate within a local team which is adaptive to technology and business change with a clear focus on a "one-team culture" globally and building an ethos of strong customer focus;
- and your team members/colleagues to foster a culture of continuous improvement including the automation of routine tasks and the incorporation of innovative and mobile centric capabilities including the use of analytics and self-service where appropriate;
- operate within a team which is closely aligned with the business and technology delivery groups and which looks to establish a 'Follow the Sun' model building core competencies within the team across the various geographies
- work with other regional counterparts to establish a truly global support model in the AMO space
- establish and maintain effective relationships with key business and technology stake holders;
- troubleshoot production issues and find root cause through analysis, provide resolution OR escalate the incident to appropriate support team within defined service level agreement (SLA). If escalated, then drive the resolution by following-up with appropriate support teams until the resolution or recovery is provided to business.
- perform routine operational tasks such as morning checks on application's readiness for business use, health check reports, maintenance tasks etc.
- regular communication to business and technology stakeholders through emails, phone, chat etc. Shift handovers to other location's support team.
- identify and drive the production changes required to bring stability to production environments; Participate in Application releases, Infrastructure changes, Preventive maintenance activities like DR role swaps
- to ensure readiness and capability to rapidly recover service in a variety of disaster scenarios;
- to prioritise and advocate for changes to the platform to resolve problems, and drive long term operational stability, manage risk, and minimise incidents and out-of-hour callouts;
- to ensure continuity of application knowledge within the support organisation through guiding the team preparation of formal documentation, training materials, and support knowledge articles such as procedures and FAQs;
- Hands-on experience supporting the following technologies:
- Java / J2EE applications
- UNIX shell scripting (AIX, LINUX preferred) / Python
- Database concepts (preferably Oracle) & SQL scripting
- Control M
- Well versed with database SQL queries. Should be able to write medium to complex SQL queries
- Must have used OR aware of Enterprise messaging products (preferably MQ Series)
- Hands on and working knowledge of UNIX, shell scripts (AIX, LINUX preferred)
- Experience and well versed with Scheduling tools - Control-M knowledge will be preferred.
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Experience with ETL tools such as Informatica
- Familiar with a breadth of infrastructure technologies including servers, databases, middleware, cloud and networking.
- Experiencing using Data Quality tools such as IDQ
- Experience supporting Java / J2EE applications
- Understanding of Web and emerging technologies.
- Operates largely independently, with some guidance on complex or difficult issues