Technology Compliance Specialist
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
Technology Compliance Specialist
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: Compliance / Risk
Our central Dublin office is seeking a Technology Compliance Specialist to work as part of GTO Compliance to cover the technology function from a compliance perspective. The role will involve working in a risk and control function, focusing heavily on the inventory of laws, rules and regulations that effect the area.
The successful candidate will provide Technology Compliance support for GTO. You will report to the director of Technology Compliance based in Bromley.
The successful candidate will have experience working in banking and have a knowledge of technology, regulatory projects and risk initiatives. Training will be provided on the compliance aspect of the role, with the successful candidate benefiting from an onboarding initiative which will allow them to be brought up to speed including an introduction to the bank and how the compliance area organizes itself within tech, general compliance training, and then more intricate training on the technology areas you will work with, what monitoring and testing you will carry out, who you will face off to and the main contacts within the area.
As a Technology Compliance Specialist your main responsibilities will involve:
- You will manage compliance with direct technology laws rules and regulations. You will ensure your LRRs are kept up to date and ensure they are in the inventory, using pre-existing routines and tools to do so
- You will manage the regulatory change function, ensure that any changes that come through that impact Ireland entities are adhered to. You will use the system that pushes regulatory changes through and work with technology partners to implement
- You will carry out compliance risks assessments once a year
- You will carry out monitoring and testing which will mostly be done at a global level, and you will monitor how these global aspects meet the local regulatory requirements
- You will carry out reporting on a monthly basis and pull together a report showing Compliance issues, regulatory changes and testing results which is then presented to senior GTO management
- You may also have to work with lower level project work streams and attend meetings when required, providing guidance if any regulatory issues are raised
As a Technology Compliance Specialist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Technology, risk and control experience within GTO essential. Additional experience with Compliance and/or regulatory initiatives would be helpful in the role
- Relevant experience within a Global Banking and Markets financial services environment, preferably within a Technology role
- Compliance experience (preferably in an area supporting Global Banking and Markets business)
- Solid business acumen & executive presence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to understand details of business processes and compliance applicability
- Some business travel (c5%) will be required as part of the role
Nice to have:
- Deep understanding of financial services technology, operations, products and services
- Experience mapping regulatory applicability, controls, assessing risk, and establishing related testing programs
- Experience with third party/vendor management Compliance oversight
- Compliance certification (CRCM) a plus but not required
- Broad knowledge of global laws, rules and regulations
- Prior experience in a Global Technology & Operations organization
- Prior experience in Compliance, Risk or Audit (IT audit experience will be considered)
- Language skills (French and/or German) would be an advantage but not essential
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Drives Operational Excellence
- Identifies and Measures/Mitigates and Controls/Monitors and Tests Compliance Risk
- Private healthcare coverage
- Pension plan - 6% of base salary (we match employees contributions up to a maximum of 12%, or 15% after 15 years' service)
- Life assurance
- Vacation 25 days (ability to flex down or up with manager approval)
- Health screen
- Group income protection
- Personal accident insurance
- As a valued member of our team you will also be eligible for a number of optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, dental cover, retail vouchers and reduced costs on selected leisure and entertainment.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.