As a Barclays Trade, Structuring, Execution and Delivery Manager you will be responsible for driving the expansion of the Export Credit Agencies (ECA) Unit in the Structuring, Execution and Delivery Team (SED) Team and wider Trade and Working Capital (TWC) franchise in Europe. You will focus on structuring, negotiating and executing ECA backed trade transactions across the Barclays Europe trade business.
This role is deemed as a Controlled Function role under the Central Bank of Ireland Fitness and Probity Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Partnering with lead Originator teams, including TWC and Relationship Director teams, from inception on a deal opportunity
- Negotiating and closing sales, ensuring all customer follow up activity including call reports
- Delivering a trade deal that reflects the agreed and internally approved transaction to ensure the trade product is available for the client
- Using expert knowledge of ECA criteria to ensure that deals are structured correctly to gain ECA support
- Negotiating and structuring facilities, providing expert advice on pricing proposals, risk papers and documentation negotiation
- Delivering the negotiated ECA or Structured Trade facility to meet the needs of both Barclays and the client most efficiently
- Managing the facility through the bespoke process that is required for ECA backed deals, through specific NDA, enhanced Due Diligence, specific system requirements
- Liaising directly with key Governmental departments, attending ECA and trade events, representing Barclays and keeping abreast of latest market developments
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive knowledge across the Trade Finance Product offering, in particular the ECA and Structured Trade Finance proposition
- Knowledge of structuring ECA/ Structured Trade Finance deals including legal documentation, credit risk and operational requirements
- Experience in project work based around deal team management
- Experience managing clients and external and internal stakeholders
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Commercial Effectiveness: including client /customer focus and commerciality
- Business Skills: including delivering solutions and decision making
- Personal & Interpersonal Skills: including communication, influence and collaboration
- Technical Skills & Knowledge: across multiple products and new innovations in the product area
Where will you be working?
You will be based in our new flagship office, One Molesworth Street, which is in the heart of Dublin city centre. We are currently expanding which drives a culture of change and hard work ethic, nonetheless the company maintains an open, friendly atmosphere. This is enhanced through our unique onboarding programs and a number of committees which all employees are eligible to join.