Your duties will be a blend of trading, portfolio implementation and administrative tasks covering Multi-Asset Trade Execution & Implementation.
Coopman Search and Selection are thrilled to be partnering with the Irish Operations unit of a leading European banking, asset management and insurance group. The Irish Operations were established in 1997 to focus on the research, development, and discovery of innovative investment products and services, for delivery to its European client base through UCITS and Non UCITS mutual funds as well as unit linked life insurance products. The local operation has >160 staff.
The company is now seeking a Trader / Multi-Asset Trade Execution / Portfolio Implementation
specialist to join the investment team. You will report to the Head of Trading. Role Responsibilities:
Your duties will be a blend of trading, portfolio implementation and administrative tasks including:
Skills / Competencies / Qualifications required:
- Multi-Asset Trade Execution across fixed income, credit, cash equities, ETFs, FX and derivatives.
- Executing regular Fund of Fund rebalancing trades to remedy market drift and re-align portfolios to target.
- Develop complex trading plans to facilitate and execute portfolio implementations.
- Manage Transitions using an appointed Transition Manager.
- Monitor asset allocation of products to ensure compliance with UCITS notices, prospectus limits, internal investment guidelines and model portfolios advised by Investment Management Committee.
- Review the daily funds cash-flow process taking appropriate action as required e.g. advising flows to segregated managers, subscribing / redeeming units from fund of funds’ portfolios, adjusting cash management balances etc.
- Maintain relationships and communication with brokers to obtain trade flow information to assist with best execution for trades executed for relevant sub-funds.
- Communicating market information (flows, sentiment, newsflash) with the Portfolio Managers and the wider Investment team across asset classes.
- Responsibility for the overview of Hedging procedures designed to maintain hedged class currency exposures within target.
- Day-to-day cash management for funds and Dublin operating companies, investing in line with the company’s Credit Risk Policy.
- Preparation of monthly and ad hoc reports.
- Involved in projects as required.
Coopman is a B.Corp™ Certified, award-winning specialist financial services recruitment firm for front office, risk, compliance & accounting opportunities in Ireland, the UK & Europe. We pride ourselves on our diverse & extensive networks, bringing the very best solutions to the individuals and clients we work with.
- An honours’ graduate (CFA, Finance, Maths, Economics or similar numerate disciplines).
- Minimum 3+ years trade execution, ideally 5+ years experience.
- Detailed knowledge of financial markets, ideally including Fixed Income, Equities, FX and ETF/Mutual Funds.
- Experience working in an Asset Management company preferably but not a pre-requisite.
- Ability to perform under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- Ability to communicate information precisely (both orally & written).
- Be highly motivated with a with a desire for success .
- Ability to work on own initiative whilst also be a strong team player within the Trading Team and wider business.
- Demonstrate that you can identify issues and develop solutions as part of your day-to-day role.
- Competent in Excel, with programming skills an advantage.