Vendor Management & Application Support Lead
Mediolanum are now seeking a Vendor Management and Application Support Lead with approximately 10+ years experience in Financial Services, ideally in Funds, Asset Management and/or Life Insurance.
The successful candidate will lead and enhance Mediolanum Irish Operations' vendor management framework and will be required to manage the support across a range of applications that support our business in an exciting and fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape and develop the application support function in tandem with managing our strategic vendors for the delivery of ongoing services to the business. Duties
Vendor Management area of focus
• Define, manage and maintain an overall Vendor management framework for the organization, focusing on in-scope vendors that are providing IT related services to Mediolanum Irish Operations
• Drive the journey of continuous improvement with our vendors working in conjunction with all areas in IT and Business
• Monitor and manage the quality of service delivery from the vendors through working with the day-to-day relationship owners, including SLA and KPI Management consolidation to ensure a focus on vendor delivery excellence
• Day to day Contract Management of the key vendors including financial overview, renewals and service
• Define and capture ongoing feedback on the services delivered from our key vendors
• Conduct IT-Vendor Management specific reporting and analysis for senior stakeholder review
• Foster dedicated relationship and performance management of the in-scope vendors
• Capture, manage and report on the value-add items from the in-scope vendors such as Innovation, Emerging Technology Adoption, Industry Partnerships, Relationship Investment
Application Support Lead are of focus
• Manage the Application Support team in the capture, resolution and reporting of Application Support topics
• Provide the application support service for core business platforms, focussing on local Level 1 support activities in conjunction with Level 2 and Level 3 support
• Enhance and maintain the application support service catalog for the ongoing delivery of service
• Drive the implementation and enhancements of the Application Support function processes, procedures and policies
• Prepare management reports that clearly show the performance of application support and support flows across the application and supplier portfolio
• Conduct activity and resource planning for small to medium levels of change in addition to project planning support for larger projects where application management support is required
• Document the processes and solutions to enhance knowledge management to drive the building of application support knowledge across the organisation
• Lead and support the team in performing triage and assessment of initial support queries, issues and escalation to second line vendor support as required Skills & Competencies
• A thorough understanding of how IT systems can interface with multiple functional groups within an organization, and used to handling conflicting terminology and concepts used by different business areas and systems.
• Good working knowledge of application architectures and corresponding service requirements
• Excellent communication skills.
• Problem solver
• Excellent service delivery and client ethos.
• Inter-personal skills.
• High level of proficiency in MS Excel, Access, Visio, Project, Word, PowerPoint required.
• Good working knowledge of PowerShell, SQL queries and scripting a distinct advantage. Qualifications & Experience
• 10+ years' experience in the areas of Vendor Management and Application Support, in Financial Services, ideally in Funds, Asset Management and/or Life Insurance
• Excellent knowledge of vendor management and application management processes and has played a lead role in continuous improvement initiatives across those areas
• Has a drive and passion for getting the best value from a vendor and supplier eco system to ensure the highest quality of service delivery and value from the relationship
• Good knowledge of underlying Asset and Fund Management business processing platforms and related technologies and platforms
• Demonstrable record in a fast moving environment within the financial industry
• Educated to Degree Level in a relevant technical discipline with adequate business experience, or hold a Business degree with adequate technical experience.
• ITIL Certification
• PMP, Prince2, Agile (DSDM / Scrum), CBAP or ISEB BA certifications or equivalent are a distinct advantage