PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Overview
The successful individual will undertake a multifaceted role as a Vendor Oversight Senior Associate, managing a broad spectrum of operational tasks. They will collaborate closely with the Funds Management team and functional leads, playing a pivotal role in the evolution of our processes and infrastructure. Engaging with diverse functional teams including Enterprise Risk, Quality Management and global stakeholders, they will ensure our operations consistently align with PIMCO's standards and industry best practices.
This role will also provide oversight support to the Designated Person for Operational Risk Management ('ORM DP') for PIMCO Global Advisors Ireland Limited, together with ad-hoc project support as necessary. Responsibilities
- Vendor Management: Oversee the management of vendors across PIMCO's European mutual funds, including the on-boarding of new vendors
- Operational Risk Management Support: Assist the Designated Person for Operational Risk Management (ORM DP) in their oversight duties, such as collecting key risk indicators, preparing and recording due diligence activity, and supporting the preparation of Board materials
- Oversight Monitoring: Execute monthly oversight monitoring programs, periodic Due Diligence, and Risk and Criticality Assessment exercises
- Procedure Review: Conduct ongoing reviews of internal procedures to ensure alignment with PIMCO policies
- Regulatory Guidance: Monitor regulatory guidance and provide support to other functional areas and ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Prior experience in vendor oversight
- Proven track record in Financial Services, preferably within a TPA and/or with an Asset Management risk or vendor oversight team
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and a consistent focus on quality
- Adaptable, flexible, and self-motivated
- Experience in a CP86 support capacity is advantageous
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office; experience with MS SharePoint is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.