The State Street Global Advisors Legal Department provides strategic advice and counsel to SSGA's business and control teams. We partner closely with these teams to find strategic solutions for our clients and contribute to the overall success of the firm. We seek to apply the highest standards of judgement, integrity and ethical leadership.
We are seeking a Vice President level solicitor to focus on the negotiation of investment management agreements and other client-facing documentation entered into by SSGA.
To be successful, you will develop a deep understanding of the firm's investment and operational capabilities, service offerings, culture and vision, regulatory and supervisory landscape. You will need to build and maintain collaborative relationships with key internal teams, including client-facing, compliance and operations.
Specific duties shall include:
- Negotiating investment management agreements and related documentation in connection with separately managed account services provided by SSGA to institutional clients.
- Helping to assess the impact of relevant regulation (e.g. SFDR, MiFID II) on the provision of separately managed account services provided by SSGA, and conducting related research, as required.
- Working closely with a global team of SSGA lawyers, investment professionals and other individuals within the business.
- Providing legal support in respect of other activities of SSGA, as required.
Previous Level of Experience:
- 6-8 years of professional experience in a well recognised law firm and/or in-house investment manager legal department, with prior experience negotiating investment management agreements. We will, however, consider applications from people that have greater or lesser experience.
- The successful candidate must be qualified to practice in Ireland or England.
Specific Technical Qualifications/Skills:
- Fluent in English
- French speaker would be an advantage
- Service-oriented and results-focused
- Ability to work independently but also thrive in a global, dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to nuance approach/negotiation style, as appropriate
- Strong organisational skills, ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Commercial and risk awareness - the ability to solve problems, not create them whilst appropriately taking into account potential risks
- Dynamic, flexible and enthusiastic
The role will be based in London or Dublin.