The State Street Global Advisors Legal Department provides strategic advice and counsel to SSGA's business and control teams. We partner closely with these teams to find strategic solutions for our clients and contribute to the overall success of the firm. We seek to apply the highest standards of judgement, integrity and ethical leadership.
We are seeking an AVP level Solicitor who can excel in this environment. In this role, you will be responsible for providing legal support, advice and counsel to SSGA Europe Ltd ("SSGAEL") , which is the management company and appointed investment manager for SSGA's EU domiciled pooled fund ranges and is also the primary distributor and contracting entity for SSGA's EU clients and EU business. SSGAEL has branches in a number of EU jurisdictions.
To be successful, you will develop a deep understanding of the firm's investment and operational capabilities, service offerings, culture and vision, regulatory and supervisory landscape. You will need to build and maintain collaborative relationships with key internal teams, including client-facing, compliance, outsourcing and business controls executives.
Specific duties shall include:
- Drafting intra-group agreements relating to services provided to SSGAEL by other group entities.
- Negotiating investment agreements and related documentation in connection with separately managed account services provided by SSGAEL to institutional clients.
- Helping to assess the impact of relevant new regulation on the firm/business/funds/templates/negotiation standards, and conducting related research, as required.
- Conducting legal research activities, as required.
- Working closely with a global team of SSGA lawyers, investment professionals and other individuals within the business.
- Providing legal support in respect of activities of other SSGA EMEA legal entities, as required.
Previous Level of Experience:
- Up to 5 years of professional experience in a well recognised law firm and/or in-house investment manager legal department.
- The successful candidate must be qualified to practice in Ireland.
Specific Technical Qualifications/Skills:
- Service-oriented and results-focused
- Ability to work independently but also thrive in a global, dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to nuance approach/negotiation style, as appropriate
- Strong organisational skills, ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Commercial and risk awareness - the ability to solve problems, not create them whilst appropriately taking into account potential risks
- Dynamic, flexible and enthusiastic