Head of Technical Product & Platform Development
- Galway, Connaught, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 28 Jan 19
This is a highly visible, senior appointment that is critcal to the continued success of our growing and niche organisation. This role reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer and ultimately will have the opportunity to become the successor of the whole IT business.
The Head of Technical Product and Platform Development will be responsible for our Tax Free business and will manage seven major areas:
- Technical Product Ownership across five Tax-Free Product lines (to Safe Scaled Agile definition)
- Technical Pre-Sales Support Team for key client accounts across Europe
- Front End Platforms that work both independently & adjunct to the ‘clients own’ technology solutions
- Middleware Platforms connecting front & back office solutions with clients and customs authorities
- Back Office Platforms which process tax free vouchers and are financial systems of record
- To develop common Products, Processes, People, Platforms reducing variants and retiring obsolete legacy.
- To improve the efficiency and quality of development through common architectures and technology roadmaps, code branch management, continuous test and automation with strong change control and release management.
- To improve the communication of product prioritizations and transparent reporting of the Technology status to senior management and across the functions (marketing, sales, operations, finance).
- To enable the transition of the current platforms to cloud based and real-time services accessed through a managed services catalogue and published APIs.
- To attract and retain & develop talent building skills in new technologies and best practices across the development life cycle.
- To ensure maximum value add of the Technology delivery via buy, partner, build.
- To enable efficient utilization of staff augmentation, outsourced teams, third party product and partners.
- To ensure that the applications are capable of delivering High Availability across time-zones and geographies in order to meet client expectations that go well beyond defined SLAs.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Implement best practice for design, code, test and build across all teams.
- Documented processes, automated tracking and dashboards.
- Evolution towards continuous delivery and cloud deployment.
- API managed service delivery.
- Keep fully up-to-date with development technology, to ensure that the Planet Group keep ahead of their competitors. Keep the CTO regularly updated.
- Be fully familiar and understand authority level and ultimate accountability of this role. Liaise regularly with the CTO, IT Management team members and relevant stakeholders to ensure full compliance as the levels are dynamic as the business grows.
- Participate in the Company’s Performance Management System and ensure full compliance with all policies and procedures, reporting systems and Company Values at all times.
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field. MSc/MBA preferred.
- Proven experience in a similar leadership role
- At least 10 years’ experience in the financial services industry
- Financial services industry experience.
- Compliance and audit (controls, segregation of duties, checks & balances).
- Security practices (encryption, key & certificate management).
- Safe Scaled Agile Product Development (Essential Model).
- Financial processes, budgeting, managing Technology in an EBITDA driven environment.
- Successful delivery of critical projects under both Agile and Waterfall.
- Driving successful change programmes.
- Managing a team of circa 100 in a 1000 person company.
- Working with distributed sub teams across international markets
- Agile development
- Software development practices.
- JIRA or equivalent.
- Microsoft environments.
- Test & Automation tools
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong strategic and business mindset
- Data and Analytic Platforms for clients, customers, tax authorities and the business itself
- Development QA and Test Function