Planet are looking for a I.T. Quality Assurance Tester to join their team in our Galway office. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a collaborative and well respected team of other QA testers that build and execute automation practices.
The I.T. Quality Assurance Tester will support the growing delivery of IT development projects across the Payments business. The Payments I.T. organization deliver technology solutions for the Dynamic Currency Conversion and Card Acquiring Processing business services. The role will work within the IT software delivery team as part of a team of Quality Assurance professionals, performing both manual and automated testing on Planet I.T. systems and part of the Payments processing platform. The strategic approach within QA is to drive automation practices, so automation experience and principles will be an important focus area for this role. You will work within an Agile SCRUM environment, working closely with scrum masters, whilst liaising with system developers and users. This is a great opportunity to join a professional IT development team and advance career development in an Agile Scrum environment, developing, learning and helping to shape an emerging product development culture.
What you will do
- Work with QA team, Scrum master and delivery management to effectively test payment products
- Apply QA best practice to ensure high quality products are released to users & business
- Apply automation test practices to build and execute automated system testing
- Work with QA automation tools (TOSCA, SQL server data
- Proficient in QA test case tools such as TestRail to produce comprehensive QA exit reports
- Work with the QA and Development teams to implement effective manual and test automation processes.
- Ensure adherence to testing governance and quality deliverables for your products
- Identify testing risks and priority defects to assist development team resolve such areas
- Track testing progress and provide analysis and metrics on testing status
- Log and track detailed defects using the software defect tracking system (Jira)
- Provide timely and effective communication relating to quality issues
- Working as part of a cross-functional IT delivery team to deliver high quality technology deliverables
- Responsibility for up-to-date QA documentation for each product you are QA owner
- Accurately measure test effectiveness against KPIs, and identify areas for improvement
- Ensure full internal and external audit compliance from Test e.g. traceability of functional requirements through to test cases and defects
- Create sprint test exit reporting to ensure full visibility for all stakeholders
- Define and implement test strategies to improve quality
Who you are
- Proposes solutions to problems, does not focus on problem
- Considers timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing product needs
- Generates innovative solutions by approaching problems with curiosity and an open mind
- Understands testing practices of modern web-based applications architectures
- Accurately employs automation test practices and use automation tools such as Tosca
- Interpret product features and translate into test case design & approach
- Possesses active knowledge of agile development and software development lifecycle
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, promoting collaborative team culture
- Listens to others and ability to interpret product problems and resolution
- Clearly articulate system technical aspects verbally
- Accurately prepares quality documentation that is coherent, effective & professional.
- Displays a positive, pro-active attitude
- Establish relationship with developers and users based on trust and respect
- Sets high standards of self-management to improve agile delivery cadence and velocity
- Drive a continual testing process improvement culture to enhance QA culture
- Manage expectations across delivery team to achieve a high-quality information flow
- Establishes harmonious working relationships with team members - Thinks Team!
- Demonstrates collaborative approach and encourages team information sharing
- Actively works with scrum masters and delivery management to achieve team goals
- Understands the professional development process and becomes actively involved by setting challenging goals and meeting them through continuous learning.
- Seeks input from peers and delivery leadership.
- Actively applies feedback received to daily work and strives to improve performance.
What you will need to bring to Planet
- 3rd level qualification in a computer related discipline or equivalent
- QA certification or equivalent accreditation (e.g. ISTQB)
- Minimum 4 years' experience in an IT QA software tester role
- 2 years in an automated QA environment; automated principles and tooling experience
- Core: Jira, Automation testing principles (APIs) & tools, TestRail, SQL skills, Confluence
- Highly Desirable: TOSCA, Selenium or similar automation tool experience
- Desirable: Azure services
Your skills and our Values
We search for better
- You are creative, curious and look for new ways of doing things
- Creative intelligence is your key competency
We celebrate differences
- You are appreciative of people, and recognise the strength in others
- You inspire through appreciation
We go beyond expectations
- You are bold, open with your ideas, and are at your best every day
- You drive for results
We grow together
- You are collaborative, you care and you are humble
- You build the best teams, bringing people together
Find out more here: www.planetpayment.com