IT Services Manager
- Galway, Connaught, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 22 Oct 18
We are looking for an IT Services Manager to manage the performance of Level 1 and Level 2 services & support to clients (internal and external) and ensure that service levels are achieved. To ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded. Responsible for ensuring the staff are meeting and exceeding expectations in regards to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service and meet requirements.
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world's leading Tax Free Shopping ('TFS'), Dynamic Currency Conversion ('DCC'), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets. Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing.
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Provides client assessments, and pitches IT equipment and service packages during meetings or presentations
- Develops relationships with internal and external clients and organisations to assess their technology, support, and security needs
- Offers innovative solutions that meet clients' needs while remaining cost effective
- Oversee and improve change, incident and release management
- Drive continual service improvement agenda
- oversee services change and improvement from end to end
- Manages projects by creating timelines, adhering to budgets, and assigning staff members
- Maintains relationships with technology, software, and security vendors
- Identifies staffing needs and works with human resources colleagues to pursue the hiring process
- Specialises in IT needs and demands for a particular industry, such as academics, finance, or healthcare
- Maintains familiarity with current and upcoming IT equipment, services, and other developments
- Coordinates troubleshooting, support, and service for equipment and networks when necessary
- Upholds a sense of customer service and measures client satisfaction
- Attends industry events and trade exhibitions to learn about cutting edge product releases and news
Knowledge & Experience
- Hold a third level IT or Engineering degree
- Experience with JIRA tool set an advantage
- Confident using the Microsoft suite of products such as O365 and MS Office.
- Troubleshooting Windows 7/8/10
- ITIL knowledge or qualifications
- Knowledge in Citrix & Active Directory advantageous.
- 3-5 year experience in a similar role
- The energy, enthusiasm and drive to make it happen.
- A team player who has the ability to motivate others, making it fun while getting the job done.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where the focus is on continuous improvement and the challenge to make it better.
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work.
- Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers
- Is excellent at honest analysis
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions