PCI - PTF Project Software Developer
- Galway, Connaught, Ireland
- Contract, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 22 Oct 18
This is a contract role and will be working with a project manager, QA and permanent developers on a dedicated project. The candidate will act as a web developer for specific product enhancements and transfer knowledge to the permanentemployees/support teams.
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world's leading Tax Free Shopping ('TFS'), Dynamic Currency Conversion ('DCC'), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets. Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Implement enhancements to an existing ASPX based product
- Work with the internal teams in delivering the solution to the market
- Ensure quality deliverable as well as reducing technical debt with the product
- From time to time the resource may be required to patch the test and production environment
- Mentor existing developers within Galway
- Engaged in the code review process and overall quality processes in Fintrax.
- C#/ASP.NET and .NET development
- Azure Development
- Good SQL knowledge with experience of writing T-SQL scripts and stored procedures.
- Good communication skills with management and peers
- Familiarity with .NET 2.0 membership framework and OAuth
- Familiarity with TFS/JIRA and build processes
- Security awareness and detailed knowledge of OWASP.
- Experience developing Unit tests for the Microsoft .NET framework (C#)and web applications.
- Broader technical awareness on compliance in the software industry
- Tax Free background