- Up to EUR25000 per annum
- Galway, Connaught, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 15 Apr 19
JOB PURPOSE The primary function of this position is to deliver a professional service to Internal and External Customers, as Payments Officer. The role is within our Payments Department and will ensure that we provide VAT refunds and ancillary activities to our international clients, in a timely manner, by ensuring that service delivery, quality control and all aspects of compliance are maintained to the highest levels.
Job Title: Payments Officer
Base Location: Tully Business Park, Inveran, Baile na, Co. Galway,
H91 HD27, Galway
Contract type: Permanent
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world's leading Tax Free Shopping ('TFS'), Dynamic Currency Conversion ('DCC'), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets.
Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and MasterCard processing
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Assist in all elements of VAT refunding and ancillary activities, across a number of IT platforms to deliver refunds to Customers in a timely manner.
- Provide excellent customer service, by responding quickly to customer queries with accurate information, in line with established SLA's.
- Take ownership of the resolution of issues/queries by interacting and communicating with other colleagues/ departments.
- Process and reconcile daily reporting ensuring that the information is accurate.
- Process payments for our external client business and liaise with other business units to meet our Customers' expectations.
- Adapt to a fast moving environment in a proactive and Team focused manner.
- Support the Team Leader to achieve team and department goals.
- Providing general administrative support.
- Any other such duties that may be required of you.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Third level qualification or experience within the financial services sector is advantageous, but not essential.
- Previous administration experience.
- Computer Literate - comfortable working with excel.
- Work well within a team as well as on their own initiative
- Strong numeric skills
- Strong Organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise work in order to meet deadlines
- Must be able to communicate well and support key stakeholders and departments
- Ability to be flexible within a fast growing global company
- Quality focused with attention to detail
- Proven time management and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Must display initiative and a common sense approach.