- Galway, Connaught, Ireland
- Temporary, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 22 Oct 18
We are looking for a Security Administrator will provide technical assistance with the design, installation, operation, service and maintenance of a variety of information security systems.
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world's leading Tax Free Shopping ('TFS'), Dynamic Currency Conversion ('DCC'), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets. Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing.
- Lead the implementation of new security products.
- Participate in the creation of policies, standards, and procedures where appropriate.
- Perform day-to-day operations of security solutions and the identification, investigation, and resolution of security events detected by those systems.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of Security Administration supporting live production systems
- 3 years technical security experience , preferably in the financial services industry
- Ability to diagnose Root Cause Analysis of problems in a complex environment and to provide effective solutions quickly and reporting of same.
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative in a pressure environment.
- Ability to generate documentation and keep existing documentation updated
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, IT staff, managers and subject matter experts
- Hands-on technical mastery of standard security tools and programs
- Good verbal communicator both face to face and over the telephone.
- Able to operate in a dynamic, fast moving Company with moving deadlines.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- A team player who enjoys working in a fast growing company.