Senior Database Developer
- Competitive + Benefits
- Galway, Connaught, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 30 Jan 19
We have an exciting opportunity for a Database Developer to join our team. This position will focus mainly on Database Development activities with some DBA activities as well.
High level activities:
- Take over the knowledge and day to day maintenance of the platform’s DB High Availabilty.
- Maintenance of platform Databases , reviewing the Idera logs and addressing the issues and reporting the health of systems to the Enterprise Database Manager.
- Audit controls monitoring and implementation related to the Database platform.
- Archiving of data.
- Review and improve the performance of stored procedures in the platform’s reporting database.
- Working on projects related to the platform’s database.
You will also provide technical support in developing and maintaining database applications and servers.
There will also be a focus on optimising the database queries and managing the database servers.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- To understand the business requirements and deliver the projects related to SQL server.
- Active monitoring and alerting of database servers.
- Take ownership of the database servers and ensure the servers are up to date with all service packs.
- Manage all database releases and patches.
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate experience in developing programs in SQL server.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- This position requires strong experience developing relational database applications with a primary focus on complex SQL joins.
- Creating database objects such as procedures, views, functions with good working knowledge of new SQL features provided in SQL Server 2016.
- Writing SQL statements for ad-hoc report generation.
- Developing and maintaining reports using SSRS 2016.
- Developing and maintaining SSIS packages to extract the data.
- Develop proactive relationship with system users and provide timely support when required with excellent communication skills.
- Has experience in managing DB servers that are hosted in a cluster environment.
- Has experience in migration of SQL server 2008R2 to SQL server 2016.
- Has experience in setting up clusters with SQL always on features.
- Should be able to read, understand and optimise the database objects.
- Manage production and test environments.
- Experience in an Agile environment desired.
- Installation and configuration of SSDB, SSRS, SSIS and SSAS for SQL server 2012R2 and SQL server 2016.
- Experience implementing replication, High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) features (AlwaysOn, Log Shipping, Merge replication, Database Mirroring)
- Experience with backup, restore and recovery models
- Experience with SQL Server Audit feature
- Experience with SQL Server jobs management
- Developing reports using SSRS 2012R2 and above
- Develop data driven subscriptions of reports
- Experience in developing ETLs using SSIS
- Strong T-SQL skills, optimization, performance tuning and debugging
- Experience writing PowerShell scripts
- Understanding of VMWare virtualisation environments
- Understanding of Windows Server Operating System
- Understanding of Failover Cluster feature
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree