Senior .Net Software Developer (Fixed Term Contract) Planet are looking for a Senior .Net Software Developer to join our team, based at our office in Galway, Ireland. This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a professional agile development team, as a full stack C# .net developer working within a SCRUM delivery process. The position is a 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Planet are one of the world’s leading Tax Free Shopping , Dynamic Currency Conversion , Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service.
We operate in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. We handle over €15billion in payments annually.
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.
This role is a key role in supporting IT Payment Solutions and leading project development activities.
As a Senior .Net Software Developer you will work on the analysis, design, development and maintenance of Planet Payment solutions, according to business needs and requirements.
This role includes working closely with the technical leaders within the agile scrum team to schedule project development deliverables. The role will work within the IT delivery team in an Agile SCRUM environment, working closely with scrum masters, whilst liaising with QA team and users.
This is a great opportunity to join a professional IT development team and advance career development in an Agile Scrum environment, developing, learning and helping to shape an emerging product development culture.
- 3rd level qualification in a computer related discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a C# software development role
- Minimum 2 years in an Agile Scrum development or similar environment
Key Duties and Responsibility Areas
- Analysis, design, development and maintenance of the Planet Payment solutions & projects.
- Taking ownership of all development tasks and defects with an end to end proactive follow up.
- Work closely with the Scrum Master on related activity for planning, scheduling and software release. Implementation of multiple project components from a technical perspective.
- Being able to estimate, prioritize and manage multiple tasks. Proactively work with the Scrum Master & QA team to solve issues. Making effective time to work on scheduled tasks.
- Demonstrate a strong understand of a technical environment. Identifying, designing and delivering solutions within system scope.
- Conduct unit and integration testing ensuring that code releases are of high quality with adequate error checking and testing.
- Taking ownership and proactively following up on defect root causes, providing timely updates and report information to management/client when required.
- Provide and review the status of all work items. Working closely with the QA team in responding to raised defects and queries.
- Take ownership of support, follow up and bring to resolution any outstanding issues. Follow internal processes for logging issues.
- Transparent and clear communication to team regarding status of development tasks and defects.
- Act as a mentor and train new and junior team members in development and agile methodologies
- Follow Planet best practices and processes at all times, including effective use of Jira and traceability of tasks and estimates.
- Core: Visual Studio, C# .net framework, NUnit, Entity framework, SQL Server, Jira, Confluence,
- Desirable: Azure services
Role Related Competencies
- Proposes solutions to problems and considers timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing product needs.
- Generates innovative solutions by approaching problems with curiosity and an open mind, using existing information to its fullest potential.
- Understands development practices of client/server architectures of modern web-based applications
- Comprehensive experience in .NET, C#, SQL Server, ASP.NET, Entity framework
- Knowledge of, and experience using proven software patterns (e.g. MVC, MVVM)
- Message queuing experience using either JMS or MSMQ an advantage
- Interpret product features and translate into development tasks & approach
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of agile development and software development lifecycle
- Accurately employ agile methodology and tool sets such as Jira/Kanban.
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills, promoting collaborative team culture
- Listens to others and ability to interpret product problems and resolution
- Clearly articulate system technical aspects verbally
- Accurately prepares technical information that is coherent, effective & professional.
- Displays a positive, pro-active attitude
- Maintain a professional relationship with scrum masters, developers and users based on trust and respect
- Sets high standards of self-management on oneself to improve agile delivery cadence and velocity
- Drive a continual testing process improvement culture to enhance Agile development culture
- Manage expectations across delivery team to achieve a high-quality information flow
- Establishes harmonious working relationships with team members.
- Demonstrates collaborative approach and encourages sharing of information across team.
- Actively works with scrum masters and delivery management to achieve team goals
- Understands the professional development process and becomes actively involved by setting challenging goals and meeting them through continuous learning.
- Seeks input from peers and delivery leadership.
- Actively applies feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance.