We are Planet
Planet is a large international cross-border digital fin-tech payments company, operating in over 60 markets across the world and providing a range of services to over 400,000 luxury merchants and 100 acquiring banks. We have grown rapidly over the last seven years and increased seven times in value over this period based on a combination of both organic and acquisition-led growth. The travel and tourism market that we operate in continues to show consistent growth, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes across the world and the desire for Asian shoppers in particular to purchase authentic luxury goods outside their home countries.
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market. Now, with over 1,500 employees spread across five continents, we are an international payment services provider.
About the Role:
The Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Tester is responsible for overseeing the activities of the quality assurance personnel as well as being hands-on in testing and methodical problem-solving regarding Planet’s products. Along with key members of the quality assurance department, the Senior QA Tester provides strategic leadership for the direction of Planet’s software testing roadmap.
What you will do
- Quality Assurance Measures: The Senior QA Tester leads the creation of quality assurance measures across the business. The Senior QA Tester is also tasked with developing and enhancing both manual and automated test frameworks.
- Shifting Test Left: In this capacity, the Senior QA Tester actively participates in the discovery and design phases of new software/product feature development and promotes continuous testing in an attempt to guarantee an error-free final product.
- Meet Requirements: The Senior QA Tester ensures that validated deliverables always meet functional, design specifications and requirements of the software/products.
- Testing: The Senior QA Tester regularly executes software/product tests and records the results during release cycles. They review functional and design specifications in order to ensure that there is a full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Documentation: The Senior QA Tester further develops documentation and maintains functional test cases as well as all other test assets, for example, data validation scripts and test data.
- Analytics: The Senior Quality Assurance Tester also has analytical responsibilities where they conduct regular analysis of software/product requirements and produces test estimations.
- Collaboration: The role is also a collaborative one and the Senior Quality Assurance Tester works with software/product developers in driving issue resolution.
- Software Release: Work with software/product development teams in ensuring that high quality and timely releases of software/products into the market are realised.
- Knowledge: The Senior Quality Assurance Tester maintains knowledge of the industry best practices, introducing the most suitable practices to the business.
Who you are
- 4-6 years of direct QA / software tester experience is essential.
- Strong leadership skills - ability to provide direction and guidance to testers.
- Take ownership of tasks & projects ensuring to deliver the highest quality test service.
- Ability helping other team members to deliver to a high-quality standard.
- Estimation and scheduling experience.
- Experience in writing & executing project test plans and test cases based on business requirements.
- Excellent working knowledge of QA standards, processes, tools and methodologies.
What you will need to bring to Planet
- A third level degree (or equivalent) essential; preferably in business, IT or finance.
- ISTQB / ISEB (foundation) qualified.
- Logical & structured approach to test planning, execution and reporting.
- Test automation experience a definite asset (desirable).
- Proven track record of managing workloads and working to deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving & analytical skills – identify and diagnose problems.
- Ability to work in a team environment and show initiative.
- Well-developed written and verbal reporting/communication skills.
- Familiarity with Agile Ceremonies.
Your skills and our Values
We search for better
- You are creative, curious and look for new ways of doing things
- Creative intelligence is your key competency
We celebrate differences
- You are appreciative of people, and recognise the strength in others
- You inspire through appreciation
We go beyond expectations
- You are bold, open with your ideas, and are at your best every day
- You drive for results
We grow together
- You are collaborative, you care and you are humble
- You build the best teams, bringing people together
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary, pension and benefits
- Free parking on site so you don’t have to worry or walk too far or a season ticket loan
- Start the day with great coffee and fresh fruit in our buzzing modern offices!
- Travel pass and Bike to work scheme
- Sports & Social Committee from Charity Days and Volunteer Opportunities to team building
- Get to network with your peers in an informal setting at our free once a month company lunch
- Work from home once a week to make life easier
Find out more here: www.planetpayment.com