Title : Technical Project Mananger Type : Fulltime , Permanent
TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER
This role will support the Digital Transformation of Tax Free Shopping solutions that truly engage shoppers and Authorities through Web, Mobile and Self Service solutions.
You will be responsible for the definition and delivery of Digitisation Solution portfolio at Planet. You will manage one or more Agile projects, typically to deliver a specific solution or end to end transformation via multi-disciplinary internal and external teams.
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world's leading Tax Free Shopping ('TFS'), Dynamic Currency Conversion ('DCC'), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets. Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Deliver projects and solutions using the appropriate Agile methodology, learning and iterating frequently. Set the team up for successful delivery and remove obstacles or blockers to progress
- Product ownership, business analysis, project management for Digital Stamping and Digitization both for new solutions and existing technical and defect backlogs
- Requirements ownership within the Delivery team, work with the Commercial Product manager to define the roadmap for any given product and translate into epics and user stories. Subsequently be responsible for the release planning, backlog refinement and management, acceptance criteria identification and UAT/ BAT execution
- Process and Systems change management - responsible for enterprise wide business and systems impact assessment including AS IS - TO BE modelling and documentation, plus training, communications, solutions deployment and roll out of changes across Planet and its external partners/ customers
- Lead the development of application and system portfolio roadmap to deliver Digital Stamping and Digitization solutions at Planet and subsequently maintain it. Build and maintain strategy for delivering digital stamping solutions at Planet.
- Ensure all solutions are built to appropriate level of quality for the stage (Alpha/ Beta/ Production)
- Support the Working with Commercial Product Manager, in evaluating customer requirements and tender documents to develop and implement winning Solutions, incl. preparing responses to tender documents and delivering demonstrations
- Work closely with internal and external development teams who are implementing agile processes to ensure backlog priorities are built to agreed timescales.
- Lead the evaluation of 3d party solutions and services outsourcing options.
- Be responsible for leading modifications and upgrades through the product development lifecycle when a new opportunity becomes a formal bid, ensuring that bid timescales are met.
- Support Marketing, Sales, Operations and Support through development and maintenance of various collateral including application notes, FAQs, product notes, user guides, field training presentations, online marketing content, demos etc.
- Strong experience as an Agile Delivery Manager and/ or Product Owner
- Solid technical development background
- Extensive full lifecycle experience of managing the planning and delivery of international, multisite, multi-tiered bespoke application/ solution front end and back end properties
- Strong estimation and scoping skills
- Proven experience in Agile project and product management methodologies in matrix, multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in delivering digital solutions and self-service hardware in the wider Retail/ Point of Sales environment
- Experience in sourcing 3d party solutions and services
- Proven experience in process modelling and systems analysis
- Proven experience in end to end requirements analysis and ownership
- Strong cross - culture management and communication skills
- Relevant University degree and relevant Agile certifications
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in matrix organizations