Who we are looking for
State Street seeks to recruit a Cyber Fusion Advanced Threat Analyst to support the transformation from a legacy Security Operations Model to a pro-active intelligence driven Fusion model that better protects State Street, its customers and partners from ever evolving and sophisticated global threat actors.
The Cyber Fusion Advanced Threat Analyst will be part of a high performing Advanced Threat team focused on threat hunting, incident response and investigations, collaboration, intelligence sharing and development of detection capabilities. This position will report directly to the Manager of the Advanced Threat Team, as part of the Global Cyber Security Organization.
What you will be responsible for
- Collaboration with Cyber Threat Intelligence, Cyber Defense Center, and Offensive Security to conduct tactical and strategic threat hunting efforts that are pertinent to State Street, its subsidiaries and affiliates
- Leading incident response efforts for complex investigations involving Cyber Security threats.
- Performing digital forensics investigations related to Cyber Security threats.
- Working cross-functionally with team members to support and drive a collaborative team environment
- Assisting with the identification of logs sources that are valuable to threat hunting and detection
- Assist with the onboarding and tuning of log sources to provide better effectiveness
- Collaboration with the Cyber Architecture and Engineering team to assist with the design, implementation, and administration of various security technologies which relate to threat hunting, threat detection, and the overall Cyber Fusion Center
- Work closely with counterparts in IT and across the Cyber Fusion Center to align technical solutions with business needs.
- Ensure the effective management and delivery of cyber fusion services
- Support development and implementation of Cyber Fusion Center strategies aligned to key State Street risk and business needs
- Support the design and implementation of Cyber Fusion Center operating models, identifying, evaluating, and providing solutions via a threat and intelligence-based approach
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with the intention to exceed client expectations
Reports to: Cyber Fusion Advanced Threat Manager
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- 5-10 years of experience in relevant Cyber Security roles such as Threat Hunting, Incident Response, SOC, Digital Investigations
- Experience with compromised system analysis
- Extensive knowledge of Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) groups and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures used by APT groups
- Knowledge of the MITRE ATT&CK framework and its usage for improving threat detection and prevention capabilities
- Hands-on experience with Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR), and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools
- Ability to communicate with and appropriately influence all levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and organizational/time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and worth ethic.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Intellectually curious and willing to invest time in researching areas outside current knowledge base/skill set.
- Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Security, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Relevant Industry Certifications (such as OSCP, OSCE, GREM, GCFA, GNFA, etc.)
- Additional requirements
- •Previous experience in banking industry a plus
Why this role is important to us
Our Information Security function, Global Cyber Security (GCS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers