Citrix Automation engineer, AVP, Kilkenny
You will play a key role in both daily operations and continuous development of a global Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) environment, with the focus on developing automation for engineering processes on a Citrix environment with approximately 100,000 VDIs and 3,000 servers.
Working directly with multiple engineering teams, you will be using your experience to ensure the highest possible technical standards are applied on developing and maintaining our global automation framework. Main responsibilities
- develop code for automating engineering tasks usually related to building, updating or configuring Windows infrastructure and desktop components
- coordinate and enable the usage of automation on EUC projects and BAU tasks, such as product upgrades and configuration deployments.
- support offshore engineers using the automation produced by you or team Essential skills
- Advanced coding skills using PowerShell
- Experience on configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Citrix environments (XenDesktop/XenApp)
- Experience on automating Windows servers provisioning and configuration
- Willingness to continuously self-learn and improve the automation framework Advantageous
- Citrix XenDestop, XenApp and PVS
- VMware PowerCLI
- Ivanti UWM EM and Personalization (AppSense) Soft skills
- Ability to work independently, while managing requirements from multiple stakeholders
- Willingness to proactively take ownership on challenging situations, and driving projects to successful completion while mentoring junior engineers
- Willingness to continuously learn and self-improve