State Street is seeking a Cloud Incident Responder for our Cloud Readiness & Response team, which is a key part of security operations at State Street. This is a new team focussed on incident response in cloud environments, both cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, and others), and cloud apps such as Office 365, Workday, and Salesforce. This is a priority role in an important team, with multiple positions to be filled. Preferred locations are Ireland (Kilkenny, Dublin, or remote) or Poland (Krakow).
Job Posting Title Cloud Incident Responder
Who are we looking for An experienced security professional with expertise in cloud security and incident response. The AVP responder will support the response to complex cloud security incidents, as well as help to develop response capabilities and improve incident readiness. Success in this role will require a strong understanding of cloud security threats and incidents, as well as a passion for continued learning. The ideal candidate will have excelled in their current role or studies, with demonstrable achievements and is focused on advancing their career within the cloud incident response discipline.
What will you be responsible for
- Hands-on response to cloud security incidents escalated from our Cyber Defense Center, including response planning, evidence collection, analysis, and reporting
- Partner with our Cyber Defense Center to enable accurate and effective triage of cloud security events
- Assist with planning and execution of table top exercises and response simulations to demonstrate and develop cloud IR capabilities
- Help to continuously improve cloud response capabilities, including automation for evidence gathering, analysis, containment, and reporting
- Collaborate effectively with other security teams on lessons learned and security posture improvement
- Participation in a structured training and mentoring program to further develop Cloud IR specific expertise
What we value
- Knowledge of cloud security principles, including specifically infrastructure platforms such as AWS and Azure, and common enterprise SaaS applications
- Experience with security incident response in a large organisation, specifically incidents involving cloud infrastructure and SaaS applications, and including evidence collection, forensic investigation, log analysis, and incident reporting
- Familiarity with cloud native security capabilities and features (e.g., GuardDuty, Sentinel, CloudTrail etc), common enterprise security tools (SIEM, EDR, etc), and cloud-specific security tools (e.g., CSPM)
- Experience developing and deploying tools and capabilities which enable incident response
- Strong foundational security knowledge, with specific expertise in threat detection, incident response, threat hunting, or similar
- Dedicated, goal driven approach to continuous learning and development
- Experience with scripting, system integration, and light development (e.g., Python, PowerShell, other scripting)
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- This is a role for an experienced security professional, expected to have at least 4 years of relevant security experience
- Qualified candidates will have direct experience as an incident handler dealing with security incidents at an enterprise level
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure is essential (either AWS or Azure)
- Experience with security issues in cloud applications (SaaS) would be highly beneficial
- Experience planning and executing table top exercises and response simulations would be beneficial
- A degree is not required for this role, but a qualification in information security or information systems may be beneficial
- Relevant cloud security or IR certifications would be beneficial (e.g., CSA CCSK, GIAC GCFR / GCIH / GCFA), as would certifications from AWS, Microsoft, or other key cloud providers
- This is an operational role supporting 24/7 global operations, involving occasional out of hours work and participation in an on-call rotation.
Why this role is important to us Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street What we do
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at https://statestreet.com/careers