Who we are looking for
State Street seeks to recruit a Cloud Security Engineer that will create, test, enhance, and document detection capabilities that identify and stop threat actors.
Our team protects State Street, its customers and partners from the ever evolving and sophisticated global threat actors. We will evolve our threat management capabilities into a pro-active intelligence-driven fusion model. We need your intellect, your initiative, and your integrity!
Remote work options will be considered for the highly skilled candidates. What you will be responsible for
As Cloud Security Engineer you will Develop & Maintain Detection Logic and Systems
Document and Share Security Engineering Knowledge
- Triage, prioritize, and resolve requests for new, corrected or enhanced detection logic.
- Determine the best method for detecting threat actors and their Tactics, Techniques & Procedures (TTPs).
- Develop and implement dependable detection logic for cloud and on-prem systems.
- Test and tune threat detection use cases within the Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) and other security platforms.
- Monitor and maintain lifecycle of SIEM knowledge objects and similar items.
- Monitor content metrics, identify opportunities to increase efficiency and fidelity, and identify detection logic for retirement.
Work Across the Organization
- Validate and document content requirements, search criteria, test cases, and other development lifecycle knowledge in documentation libraries and development tracking tools.
- Document and maintain assets, scripts and processes to test SIEM/EDR rules for reuse.
What we value
- Partner with other Fusion Center teams to align detection strategy with threat models, the MITRE ATT&CK framework, and to validate and document threat detection goals.
- Collaborate across the organization to learn, document, and maintain a library of various IT processes, naming conventions, assets, configurations, and other considerations that can be leveraged to improve security capabilities for State Street.
- Guide and partner with stakeholders to create detection logic, controls, and alerts using the best tools and methods available. (e.g., SIEM, EDR, IDS, Cloud, email gateways).
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Open to learning and mentoring others.
- Takes disciplined initiative.
- Able to create detective logic and controls.
- Comfortable with an agile development lifecycle and methodology.
- Articulate and thorough documentation across the lifecycle.
- Methodical approach to validate, test, tune and validate threat detection alerts/reports.
- Knowledge of adversarial TTPs.
- Knowledge of cyber threat intelligence.
- Knowledge of IT architecture and operations (e.g., computing, network, storage & cloud).
- Knowledge of security control technologies.
- BS in Cyber Security, Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant experience
- +6 years in a cyber security skill role - SIEM/EDR Content Engineer, Incident Response, SOC Tier 3 Analyst, Threat Hunter, Penetration testing, etc.
Why this role is important to us
- Financial Services experience a plus.
- Software development and/or scripting experience a plus: RegEx, PERL, Python, Powershell, etc.
- Technical security certifications a plus - GMON, GCDA, GCIH, etc.
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers