Fusion Security and Operations is seeking a Cloud Security Programme Manager for our Cloud Readiness and Response team, which is a key part of cloud security operations within FS&O. This is a new team focussed on cloud incident response and operational readiness, with an emphasis on cloud infrastructure as well as some SaaS applications such as Office 365, Workday and Salesforce. The Cloud Security Programme Manager will act as a key interface between multiple security and technical teams, as well as public cloud providers, aligning them to improve security while addressing business objectives. This is a priority role in an important team. Preferred locations are Ireland (Dublin, Kilkenny or remote) or United States (MA or remote in EST or CST timezones)
Job Posting Title
Cloud Security Programme Manager (VP)
Who are we looking for
An experienced technology professional with broad knowledge and expertise across technology operations in a large organisation , with the ability to navigate complex organisational structures, transforming and simplifying the delivery of results. The Cloud Security Programme Manager will be responsible for designing and implementing cloud security IR workflows, ensuring the security posture of the firm is continuously improved. Success in this role will require a deep understanding of current processes and a track record of implementing change across complex organisations.
What you will be responsible for
- Facilitate effective incident response by aligning all technology and security stakeholders and remove obstacles to enable responders to secure the bank
- Design and implementation of the cloud security operating model and dependent workflows to support incident response
- Building consensus and getting commitment across engineering and operations teams on new and improved processes
- Translate business and technology developments into operational workflows that support incident response
- Make data driven recommendations for further enhancements of our operating model on a cyclical basis
What we value
- A track record of overcoming complex technical or operational problems that span multiple internal organisations over an extended period
- Excellent collaboration skills with the ability to quickly identify blockers and resolve inefficiencies and conflict
- Sound experience of enterprise security operations and/or technology platform engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication and facilitation skills
- Experience of managing transformation and deep organisational change, ensuring the smooth and successful adaptation to new processes
- Flexible and open to changing priorities whilst handling multiple simultaneous tasks
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- This is a role for an experienced technology or security professional, expected to have 10+ years of relevant experience in a complex, global organisation
- Strong experience of working with technology/technical projects
- A degree is not required for this role but a qualification in information security or information systems may be beneficial
- Relevant security qualification would be beneficial (e.g., CISSP, CISM)
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at https://statestreet.com/careers