Who we are looking for
Reporting to the team manager, the candidate will be part of a team that is responsible for the provision of Depositary and Custody Confirmations to the external auditors in accordance with internal policies and procedures and client requirements The candidate is required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant work processes and key providers interacting with a Fund.
The candidate will be expected to work closely as part of the Custody Audit Team in Kilkenny, Ireland, to plan and deliver day to day deliverables. They will be a point of contact within the business for the depositary and custody related audit queries. This role involves high levels of contact with Audit firms, clients and multiple internal teams.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Custody and Accounting manager you will
What we value
- Oversight and review Client reporting to include provision of Depositary and Custody Confirmations.
- Complete all other reviews including an oversight of processes outsourced
- Take ownership of the Client Audit ensuring no overrun costs.
- Respond to external and internal audit queries in a timely and professional manner. Clients are allocated across the team.
- Review and comment on financial statements.
- Deliver reporting to a high standard within agreed targets on an ongoing basis.
- Manage Client queries to ensure the highest level of service.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a part of a team.
- Organized and methodical.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Highly Computer literate - strong knowledge of MS Office (in particular Excel) and State Street accounting systems preferable Skilled communicator, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage workloads appropriately to ensure client and regulatory requirements are met within agreed deadlines.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Degree qualified
- Relevant funds industry experience.
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer