Cyber Security Rapid Response Vulnerability Manager
Who we are looking for
State Street seeks to recruit a Cyber Security manager in the Cyber Fusion organization. This position requires leadership experience in information systems, security response, vulnerability management and building cross-functional initiatives.
This leader will be responsible for enhancing the rapid response program for zero-day and other emerging vulnerabilities. This candidate should be a proven global security and operations leader with the ability to effectively drive results, manage and build relationships with senior leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment. This position will report up in the Global Cyber Security Organization and will report directly to the MD of State Street's Vulnerability Management organization. What you will be responsible for
As Cyber Security manager you will
What we value
- Lead the rapid response team to improve and implement the control roadmap
- Hire industry experts to mature an effective program
- Analyze vulnerability assessments and remediation plans
- Enhance the enterprise posture against zero-day and emerging vulnerabilities
- Drive the end-to-end vulnerability lifecycle from discover to closure
- Centralize remediation status communications
- Act as a change agent throughout our organization and the enterprise
- Recommend, build support and implement process and technical controls to protect the enterprise
- Maintain situational awareness, collaborate, influence and lead initiatives across the enterprise
- Work closely with business units to understand people, process, and technology in order to build effective vulnerability management strategies
- Actively train team members on Fusion Center processes, governance and priorities
- Synchronize with Cyber Defense Center to monitor and research information sources for re-emerging and zero-day threats to assess risk to the enterprise
- Deliver integrated capabilities across various sub-disiplines within the fusion organization, Global Cyber Security and Global Technology Services
- Work with stakeholders to set the remediation battle rhythm for cybersecurity protection efforts
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to consider short term and long term implications of a recommended solution
- Virtual leadership expertise with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed environment
- Ability to make difficult decisions in unique situations, present recommendations under pressure to senior leadership and to cross-functional teams that my have conflicting positions
- Background in security threat analysis and ability to determine risk level of identified threats and remediation urgency specific to the environment
- Managerial expertise in information security, a security related field or other complex information risk management function
- Knowledge and understanding of structuring complex data across varied data sources
- Expertise in leading teams to identify gaps, design solutions, implement and maintain new cybersecurity services and tools
- Demonstrated ability to identify core issues and work with leaders and team members to resolution
- Strong organizational, task switching, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work independently and solve challenging problems while collaboration with stakeholders
- Knowledge and interest in current vulnerability related trends
- Attention to detail
- Driving to results
- Strategic thinking
- Collaboration and influencing
- Senior Executive communication
- Working professionally with confidential information
- Advanced presentation skills, both orally and written
- Ability to work well with others and under pressure
- Expertise in building collaborative organizations with cross-business unit and cross-functional teams in a geographically distributed enterprise
- Demonstrated professionalism in approach to communicating ideas and solutions in simple language to team members, senior leaders and business partners
Why this role is important to us
- 8+ years of related experience, specifically in IT Engineering, Security Operations, Cloud Security and enterprise vulnerability remediation
- 3+ years management experience leading cyber security teams
- 2+ years of experience within a vulnerability management role
- 2+ years leading rapid remediation activities
- Experience with Strategic Planning and enterprise-wide technical solution implementations
- In-depth experience assessing security vulnerabilities specific to a given environment
- Understanding of how to triage vulnerabilities and tool findings
- Security certification a plus
- Software development and/or scripting experience a plus: Python, Perl, MySQL, etc.
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers