Investigator, Data Loss Prevention Who we are looking for:
Individual to support the Office of the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) in Global CyberSecurity (GCS) in continuous protection of critical assets, data and technology as part of the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) program. The DLP Investigator
will be responsible for monitoring security events using surveillance tools, will complete preliminary investigations, will collaborate with Operations, Investigations, and Engineering partners to identify opportunities; and will drive response activity to manage the risk of data loss and improve the security posture of State Street. What you will be responsible for:
As a DLP Investigator,
What we value
- Learn and optimize use of security tools to perform Level 2 identification and investigation of security events across egress channels, i.e., email, endpoint, network, web, Cloud, and in other environments.
- Drive engagement with users to facilitate inquiry, training, and recovery efforts.
- Execute and improve on the L2 Playbook; seek efficiencies and deliver improvements.
- Build effective partnerships with the business, Information Security Officers (ISOs), Policy Owners, the Critical Asset Protection Council, the Insider Threat Program, advisory functions, management, and security groups to mitigate and drive prevention of data loss.
- Contribute to reporting, documentation, and communications that drive meaningful change in line with Global CyberSecurity, DLP and State Street goals.
- Investigate and present cases to management and security partners in line with established best practices and protocols.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to think critically, and ability to build a case using facts, observations, authoritative data sources, and systems of record
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility to adapt to and embrace change
- Ability to execute; work effectively independently and within a team; bias to action
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Basic understanding of data protection and information security
- Passion for discovery
- 3 to 5 years of triage/investigation or equivalent business experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience; diversity of background, educational experiences, and work experiences welcome and valued
- Industry certification such as CISM, CISSP or similar
- Familiarity with information security or risk management frameworks (e.g., NIST, FFIEC) a plus
- Knowledge of company data sources and similar programs (e.g., Data Governance, ISO) a plus
- Knowledge of analytic tools (e.g., Tableau, ICA) a plus
- Knowledge of security tools (e.g., Splunk, Enforce) a plus
- Knowledge of State Street Transformation a plus
- Prior experience with email, endpoint, web, network, cloud technology a plus
NA Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.