Who we are looking for
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.
We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
An opportunity exists for an ambitious person to work in a dynamic and flexible environment to assist in the implementation of depositary policy and procedures. Reporting to Supervisor, this position is an opportunity for a suitable candidate to gain exposure to all areas of Trustee and fund administration in a rapidly growing department and changing regulatory environment.
An opportunity exists for an ambitious person to work in a dynamic, flexible environment in a hybrid working model to assist in the formulation and implementation of depositary oversight policy and procedures. Reporting to a Manager, this position is an opportunity for a suitable candidate to gain exposure to all areas of Depositary Oversight experience in a rapidly growing department and changing regulatory environment.
Reporting to an Officer in the Depositary Oversight, this position is an opportunity for a suitable candidate to gain exposure to all areas of the Depositary and fund administration and management experience, to assist in the formulation and implementation of trustee policy and procedures in a rapidly growing department and changing regulatory environment.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. Why this role is important to us
You will be joining the Institutional Services function that allows us to deliver a comprehensive, holistic approach to each client relationship - for asset managers and asset owners, insurance companies, and official institutions globally. It means our client-facing functions work together to bring the very best solutions and services the firm has to offer - across all of our locations, products, and capabilities.
Join us if making your mark on the long-lasting client relationships we build is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Depositary Services Officer you will be
What we value
- This role is for Depositary NAV Review team within Depositary Oversight Department.
- responsible for the review of Performance Fee, Expenses accrued on a fund, income and pricing applied to the fund ; ensuring the Depositary policy is adhered to and working with the administrator, clients and other interested parties to ensure best practice is implemented.
- Assisting the Officer and ensuring timely and proper completion of tasks of team members.
- On-going development and maintenance of the controls, policies and procedure.
- Review and comment on draft prospectuses and financial statements Review stale and static pricing reports to check levels held on funds
- Knowledge in performance fees and expense methodology is a key.
- Communicate directly with clients to independently verify methodology.
- Escalating issues to senior management
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to allocate workloads appropriately to ensure requirements are met within agreed deadlines
- Ability to motivate and encourage staff to work at optimum levels
- Ability to recognize and target areas for increased efficiencies
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Organized and methodical
- Team player
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Experience in performance fees and expense methodology is a key
- Sound understanding of the regulatory framework for Funds (UCITS/AIFs/Non-UCITS)
- Relevant industry experience (not necessarily within a Trustee/Custodian role)
- Experience in Oversight or an Audit role a distinct advantage.
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.