Who we are looking for
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, the Officer is responsible for ensuring team compliance with operating policies, procedures and guidelines in relation to derivatives middle office servicing and the timely completion of all pre-determined deliverables. They are also responsible for team development, staff management and enhancing internal client satisfaction.
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to demonstrate leadership, communication and technical expertise. Strong knowledge of and exposure to OTC derivatives is needed. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Officer you will
What we value
- Build strong relationships with internal and external clients
- Ensure the team is achieving accuracy and meeting pre-determined deadlines as set out in service level agreements
- Work with risk management and business control groups to identify and proactively resolve recurring client issues
- Be accountable and responsible for completing and delivering performance planning reviews
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff
- Estimate personnel needs, assign work, oversee short term deliverables, coordinate workflows
- Key point of contact for internal/external clients when urgent needs arise
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong management skills with a number of years of direct people management experience, attention to detail and highly organised
- Previous middle office or banking/fund administration operations experience
- Knowledge of, or experience working with OTC derivative products
- Quality and Risk Management - drive high quality outputs and ensure that organizational risks are managed through embedding effective controls
- Leverage Talent - actively commit to developing yourself and others to drive the competitive advantage achieved through a diverse, engaged and mobile workforce
- Manage Execution - ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver flawless execution of work products through effective plans, clear priorities and developed process management methods to ensure all resources function at optimal levels
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - Develop solutions and provide counsel to ensure effective decisions are reached by employing timely, rigorous and logical analysis
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Team Player
- Self-Motivated and reliant
- Uses Initiative
- Financial or Business background
- Knowledge of OTC derivative instruments
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent
#IJ About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers