Derivatives COE Middle Office Operations, Associate 2 Who we are looking for
An opportunity exists for an entry level position working in a challenging environment within the OTC derivatives middle office team. Reporting to the Officer, this represents a good opportunity to gain extensive knowledge of OTC derivatives and the OTC market supporting global OTC trading books.
The environment is challenging and target driven and a great opportunity to be involved in the development of this expanding team. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Associate 2 you will
What we value
- Carry out core and complex processing activities in accordance with established procedures
- Ensure accuracy and execute against pre-determined deadlines
- Perform custom work for complex funds, look for ways to standardize when possible
- Handle complex issues and escalate as needed acting with a sense of urgency
- Accountable for quality, accuracy and timeliness of results
- Train staff on basic principles of process
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of or an interest in OTC derivative products (Interest Rate Swaps, Total Return Swaps, Credit Default Swaps, CFDs, Zero Coupon Swaps, Inflation Swaps)
- Knowledge of reconciliations and breaks investigations
- Highly computer literate with a very good knowledge of Excel
- Excellent analytical skills & attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
About State Street What we do.
- Financial or Business background
- Knowledge of OTC derivative instruments is required
- Previous experience in reconciliations is required
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers