State Street seeks to recruit an early career cyber security operations center (SOC) analyst that will assist in the detection, triage, analysis and response to cyber-attacks. The analyst will join our SOC team which will run a 24/7 coverage, 365 days a year model, with a partner team in the United States.
The SOC team is responsible for analyzing events from multiple sources from across a large enterprise network. The SOC will partner with multiple teams in our Irish Cyber Fusion Center including but not limited to Advanced Threat, Cyber Intel, Content & Red/Purple teams.
Join us in evolving our response capabilities to protect State Street, its customers and partners from the ever evolving and sophisticated global threat actors. State Street's Fusion Center is responsible for detecting and responding to various cyber threats 24/7 365 days a year, that are directed towards the enterprise.
This role will be predominately office based and shift work will be required (including nights / weekends, 4 days/nights on, 3 off) in the Cyber Fusion Center. The shifts will be rotated to include weekends, week days and nights. The Fusion Center will be temporarily located in Naas, Kildare until the end of 2023 when a new campus in Kilkenny will be operational. An initial training bootcamp (up to 6 weeks) will be provided.
What will you be responsible for:
- Detection of cyber security events & incidents in real time through centralized monitoring.
- Analyze cyber security events from multiple sources (SIEM, IP/DS, EDR, AV, Firewalls etc).
- Respond and contain cyber security incidents and identify eradication strategies.
- Identify process improvement areas and new opportunities in technologies or capabilities
- Communicate incident status to Lead analysts and Managers
- Creating an environment which drives knowledge sharing with teams across the Fusion Center
- Help developing the Fusion Center mindset and follow the sun model
- Receive mentorship from other Cyber Security analysts across the Fusion Center
What we value:
- Understanding of networking (TCP/IP networks and protocols)
- Familiar with operating systems (Windows, Linux and MacOS)
- Good all round knowledge of IT architecture including basic scripting ability
- A passion for Cyber Security
- High level understanding of phishing and malware techniques
- Willingness to learn
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
Education & Preferred Qualifications
Why this role is important to us
- Recent Graduates from Bachelors or Masters in Cyber Security, Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant experience
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers