Who we are looking for
This position is a unique opportunity for a suitable candidate to gain exposure to large multi-class, multi-manager, multi-currency portfolios that invest in a variety of instruments (including derivatives) and as a result, the pricing of these positions, reconciliations, corporate actions and dividends.
The environment is process driven and involves completion of Net Asset Value of Monthly Hedge funds and oversight of related processes completed out of multi-locations. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Accurate and timely production of the Monthly Net Asset Value
- Analytical review and validation of each component of the NAV
- Processing of accounting transactions on valuations system
- Daily reconciliation review, investigation of cash and position reconciliations, liaising with multiple departments for timely break resolution.
- Adherence to non-standard control environment
- Review of overall job process with a view to further efficiencies and risk mitigation
- Training of new team members
- Daily interaction with other internal State Street departments servicing this client
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Honour's Degree required - preferred business/accounting/finance concentration.
- Related experience desirable.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
About State Street What we do.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong numerical / analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- High motivated and energetic
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers