Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Horizontal IT Audit, Vice President, that will provide leadership in executing the strategy for Corporate Audit's coverage of horizontal IT topics. This includes coverage of application and infrastructure IT General Control processes and related risks (Identity and Access Management, Change Management, and Resiliency) and centralized control functions. You will be responsible for maintaining effective partnerships with key senior leaders in the IT organization and program leadership. In this role you will report directly to the Managing Director for Horizontal IT, support the annual audit planning and development, risk assessment, scoping and execution of audits related to IT processes and risks. The role can be based out of Kilkenny or Dublin, in Ireland.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Horizontal IT Audit, Vice President you will
What we value
- Evaluate and test internal controls and apply information technology audit skills.
- Support the execution of a risk-focused audit plan, review and approve audit work products to ensure thorough effective coverage and timely and effective escalation of issues and conclusions.
- Influence effective and sustainable improvements to processes and controls through insights gained based on risk and control expertise.
- Champion continuous improvement in IT audit practices.
- Drive consistent risk assessment and audit coverage approach of bespoke IT general controls across Business Units and Corporate Functions.
- Draft, review, finalize and communicate audit deliverables, including audit findings, memos and audit reports to senior and executive management.
- Participate as a non-voting member of various steering committees, management working groups, promoting balanced discussions and encouraging challenge and debate.
- Prepare relevant risk and audit reporting to key stakeholders including executive management and governance committees.
- Provide insight on the evolving technology regulatory environment and interact with regulators.
- Stay abreast of industry and technical matters and efficiently and effectively apply applicable new developments in audit projects.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to manage complexity, to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and work independently in non-routine situations and in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem resolving, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills in interactions with internal and external stakeholders including senior management and regulators.
- Strong client relationship and employee management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in managing diverse teams, and large scale projects.
- Fluency in English - written and spoken
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Public Accounting, IT Audit, Consulting, or Business Process Engineering preferred, ideally in the Financial Services industry.
- Bachelor degree, preferable in information systems, computer science, accounting or related field; Advanced degree in information technology, cyber security or systems engineering.
- One or more industry recognized certification (i.e., CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, and Cloud+) and the willingness to continue to learn and grow.
- Proficient or knowledgeable in evaluating and testing internal controls and in applying a risk-based audit approach.
- Experience in data analytics and data visualization.
- Strong expertise or experience auditing certain technology-related areas such as:
- IT General Controls
- Automated business process controls (AI, Machine Learning, Robotics)
- Identity and Access Management
- Technical Resiliency and Business Continuity Management
While majority of the time you will work from your primary location, some domestic and international travel may be required to a variety of locations where State Street operates. Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers