Who are we looking for A Security Manager with strong people management and leadership skills. This person will join State Street's Security Platforms team, which is responsible for designing, configuring, and supporting the key security tools supporting our Cyber Fusion Center. Success in this role will require strong people management and operational effectiveness skills with a good security and service delivery background.
What will you be responsible for
- Team leadership and management, developing better work practices and outputs to our internal customers
- Effective communication skills while collaborating across various departments in providing clear, regular updates related to issues
- Regularly engage with tools and operations teams, such as our Cyber Defence Team in Kilkenny, Ireland, to understand how to help them work more effectively through us of our platforms
- Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
- Ensure the security of State Street by delivering the most capable and reliable security tools for our incident responders and threat hunters
- Monitor the coverage or visibility of our security platforms to ensure effective detection and response of host and network borne threats
- Contribute to projects that improve current capabilities, drive adoption, and enable future growth
- Represent the function at various project and stakeholder meetings
What we value
- Strong people and leadership skills, with a can-do attitude to drive successful outcomes
- Direct experience managing and leading teams
- Creating an environment that drives knowledge sharing
- Experience operating and supporting tools across multiple security domains such as: Network, Endpoint and Cloud
- Familiarity with a range of open source and commercial security tools, including their use cases, capabilities, and limitations
- Strong security knowledge, specifically in large and complex organisations
- Understanding of current security threats and other challenges, as well as frameworks like MITRE ATT&CK
- Experience of a 24/7 security operations environment emphasising speed of response, reliability, and tool availability
- A desire to learn, combined with a collaborative work style and strong personal work ethic
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, with ability to provide direction and leadership to a growing team
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- This is a role for an experienced people manager, expected to have 10+ years of relevant security and systems management experience (at least 5 years in security).
- This role requires an understanding of enterprise security tools and capabilities
- A degree is not required for this role, but a qualification in information security or information systems may be beneficial
- Experience with endpoint detection and response (EDR), advanced anti-malware, and other endpoint security tools may be beneficial
- Experience in distributed, international teams would be beneficial
- Experience in financial services may be beneficial
- This role may be filled in any of the following locations:
- Ireland (Dublin or Kilkenny preferred, or remote), US (MA preferred or remote)
- This team supports 24/7 operations, therefore participation in an on-call rotation is required
Why this role is important to us Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street What we do
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at https://statestreet.com/careers