State Street is seeking a Senior Cloud Incident Responder for our Cloud Readiness & Response team, which is a key part of security operations at State Street. This is a new team focussed on incident response in cloud environments, both cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, and others), and cloud apps such as Office 365, Workday, and Salesforce. This is a priority role in an important team, with multiple positions to be filled. Preferred locations are Ireland (Kilkenny, Dublin, or remote), Poland (Krakow), or United States (MA, or remote in EST or CST timezones).
Job Posting Title Senior Cloud Incident Responder
Who are we looking for An experienced security professional with deep expertise in cloud security and incident response. The senior responder will lead the response to complex cloud security incidents, as well as develop response capabilities and improve incident readiness. Success in this role will require deep expertise in cloud security threats and incidents, as well as a passion for continued learning.
What will you be responsible for
- Ensure the security of State Street by delivering exceptional incident response capabilities in public cloud environments
- Hands-on response to cloud security incidents escalated from our Cyber Defense Center, including response planning, evidence collection, analysis, and reporting
- Partner with our Cyber Defense Center to enable accurate and effective triage of cloud security events
- Help to plan and execute table top exercises and response simulations to demonstrate and develop cloud IR capabilities
- Develop and enhance cloud response capabilities, including automation for evidence gathering, analysis, containment, and reporting
- Partner with engineering, development, and security teams on lessons learned and security posture improvement
What we value
- Expertise in cloud security, specifically infrastructure platforms such as AWS and Azure, and common enterprise SaaS applications
- Deep hands-on expertise in security incident response, specifically incidents involving cloud infrastructure and SaaS applications, and including evidence collection, forensic investigation, log analysis, and incident reporting
- Experience with cloud native security capabilities and features (e.g., GuardDuty, Sentinel, CloudTrail etc), common enterprise security tools (SIEM, EDR, etc), and cloud-specific security tools (e.g., CSPM)
- A track record of successfully responding to challenging incidents, demonstrating ability to perform under pressure, develop and maintain situational awareness, and exceptional operational communications
- Strong foundational security knowledge, with specific expertise in threat detection, incident response, threat hunting, or similar
- Experience with scripting, system integration, and light development (e.g., Python, PowerShell, other scripting)
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- This is a role for an experienced security professional, expected to have 7+ years of relevant security experience
- Qualified candidates will have direct experience as an incident handler dealing with cloud security incidents
- Strong experience with cloud infrastructure is essential (either AWS or Azure)
- Experience with security issues in cloud applications (SaaS) would be highly beneficial
- A degree is not required for this role, but a qualification in information security or information systems may be beneficial
- Relevant cloud security or IR certifications would be beneficial (e.g., CSA CCSK, GIAC GCFR / GCIH / GCFA), as would certifications in AWS or Azure
- This is an operational role supporting 24/7 global operations, involving occasional out of hours work and participation in an on-call rotation.
Why this role is important to us Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street What we do
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at https://statestreet.com/careers