Job Description for Senior Data/Analytics Engineer, Cyber Data Science Who we are looking for
The State Street Cyber Architecture & Engineering team is looking for a Senior Data/Analytics Engineer, Cyber Data Science.
The Cyber Data Science team delivers models, insights, and tooling to help Cybersecurity teams make faster, more informed decisions as we work to secure State Street's digital footprint. As a Data/Analytics Engineer, you will develop the data flows, analytics pipelines, and production machine-learning systems -- in collaboration with data product managers, architects, engineers, and other team members -- to create analytics & ML-driven data products that support our mission to build predictive models and intelligent systems that help secure State Street's information and infrastructure. We have multiple openings for this role and it is open to candidates with varying levels of experience. What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Data/Analytics Engineer, Cyber Data Science,
Education & Qualifications
- Use your understanding of large scale data processing and analytics to wrangle our unique cybersecurity data and create analyses and tools that point to the most significant business, governance, and risk management impacts.
- Build data warehousing and business intelligence systems to empower engineers, data scientists, and analysts to extract insights from our data.
- Work on our data lake, data warehouse, and stream processing systems to create a unified query engine, multi-model databases, analytics extracts and reports, as well as dashboard and visualizations
- Design and build petabyte scale systems for high availability, high throughput, data consistency, security, and end user privacy, defining our next generation of data analytics tooling
- Build data modeling and ELT workflows to produce Raw, Rationalized, co-Related, and Reporting data flows for graph, timeseries, structured, and semi-structured cybersecurity data
- You will mentor other engineers and promote software engineering best practices across the organization designing systems with monitoring, auditing, reliability, and security at their core.
- Come up with solutions for scaling data systems for various business needs and collaborate in a dynamic and consultative environment.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with CS fundamental concepts and OOP languages like Java and Python
- Experience working with data warehouses or Databases like Snowflake, Redshift, Postgres, Cassandra etc
- Experience in big data technologies like Presto/Trino, Spark, Hadoop, Airflow, Kafka, Flink, dbt.
- Experience writing and optimizing complex SQL and ETL development and designing and building data warehouse, data lake or lake house solutions
- Experience with distributed systems and distributed data storage and large scale data warehousing solutions, like BigQuery, Athena, Snowflake, Redshift, Presto, etc.
- Experience working with large datasets and best in class data processing technologies for both stream and batch processing, graph and time series data, notebooks and analytic visualization environments.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills particularly across teams or with functions like data scientists or business analyst.
Why this role is important to us
- 8+ years of experience with Python, Java, or similar languages, with cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure), and deep experience working with big data processing infrastructures and ELT orchestration
- Experience with designing for data lineage, federation, governance, compliance, security, and privacy
- Experience developing batch and real-time feature stores, and developing coordinated batch, streaming and online model execution workflows, building and optimizing large scale data processing jobs in Spark, GraphX/GraphFrames, Spark Structured Streaming, as well as graph and time-series native operations.
- Experience with data quality monitoring and with building continuous data pipelines and implementing history and time-travel using modern data lake storage layers like Delta Lake, Iceberg, and LakeFS
- Experience with MLOps and iterative cycles of end-to-end development, MRM coordination, deployment, and monitoring of production grade ML models in a regulated high-growth tech environment
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and AI driven, digital-first customer experiences.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company. Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry! About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers