Accountant x 2, Private Equity Accounting
- Location: Limerick, Munster, Ireland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Accountant x 2, Private Equity Accounting
About The Private Equity Department:
The Private Equity department has been based in Limerick since 2007. As a member of the Private Equity Department, reporting to a Team Leader within the team, the successful candidate will assist in all aspects of the administration of Private Equity Funds including fund accounting, transfer agency and financial reporting. The Private Equity team consists of a team of 31 dynamic partners and continues to grow. Our clients include some of the most highly successful Private Equity houses globally. We use best-in-breed systems and cutting edge technology to deliver excellent service to our clients. Recently Northern Trust was named Global Private Equity Fund Administrator of the Year by the Global Investor Group.
About The Role:
This position has arisen in our Limerick office due to growth and expansion of the Private Equity Department. The successful candidate will have responsibility for ensuring that the allocated clients are provided with a high end, timely and effective service. This service will be completed in accordance with the client's needs and the policies and procedures of the Company. The objective of the role is to pick up an existing client list and become proficient in providing an end to end fund administration function to the existing high standards synonymous with department.
Why choose a career Private Equity in Northern Trust? :
- Northern Trust has demonstrated a continued commitment to investing in Ireland; our Private Equity team has grown to over 30 partners in our Limerick office
- Our Private Equity team delivers full end to end service to our Private Equity clients including fund accounting, financial reporting and financial reporting giving our staff wide exposure and experience. No one day is the same in Private Equity.
- To complement the company culture, we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering family-friendly programs and alternative/flexible work situations
- Our modern compensation package is highly competitive and moreover, intuitive to your stage of life and career
- Preparation of the valuations and/or consolidated calculations for Private Equity Companies/Funds
- Preparation of the financial statements for Private Equity Companies/Funds
- Bookkeeping / Cash Management
- Conduct all required bookkeeping tasks
- Prepare accounts reporting pack
- Ensure all relevant filings on behalf of the Company/Fund are completed accurately and on time
- Prepare management accounts
- Daily client management, review and maintain calls/distributions/shareholders information
- Progress to completion the audit process for Private Equity Companies/Funds
- Preparation & collation of reports for board packs
- Fulfil additional, relevant tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements
Qualifications and Experience required:
- The ideal candidate will be a part-qualified accountant/finalist and will have previous experience in a busy accounting environment.
- They will have a track record in demonstrating knowledge of debits and credits, will have Financial Statements production.
- They will be a team player, customer-centric, have excellent attention to detail, positive attitude, enthusiasm, natural ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and have good communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office - Excel and Word
- A track record of excellent attention to detail
- A track record in optimising system use and automating processes where possible
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of September 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $132 billion in banking assets