About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 24,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
Global Derivative Operations supports Northern Trust Custody and Investment Operations Outsourcing clients across the full range of Exchange Traded and Over-The-Counter Derivative products, providing operational functions and interfacing between both clients and in-sourced derivative operational areas. Derivative Operations consists of Trade Capture, Trade Confirmations, Settlements, Client Services, Valuations and Analytics, and Collateral Management services. Derivative Operations Teams are situated across the globe in locations including Melbourne, Bangalore, London, and Chicago. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Affirmation/Confirmation of all OTC and trades on electronic platforms or on paper where required
- Assist in the settlement with products
- Ensure timely receipt of OTC onfirmations from trading counterparties
- Ensure accuracy of transaction agreements and modifications
- Assist with IT in the development and enhancement of the trade management system
- Prioritize time accordingly to action trade breaks by end of day
- Understand and process trade activity in accordance with established operations policies and procedures; understand and minimize risk associated with trade mismatches
- Must be able to interact with coworkers and clients in a fast-paced trading environment.
- Should be intellectually curious, intuitive, and trustworthy and have the highest ethical standards
- Effectively address a number of internal and external audiences in a professional manner
- Perform other related duties as required
- Use of Summit and Markit Trade Manager
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us:
- Excellent/Word skills
- Prior experience working in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to process large volumes accurately whilst consistently meeting external and internal deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to operate under tight deadlines and pressure
- Demonstrated ability to adapt positively to change
- Excellent communication skills both written, verbal and non-verbal
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.