About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
An exciting opportunity to join the International Tax Services (ITS) group. The role will focus on supporting Northern Trust's high-profile and growing number of Enhanced Tax Service (ETS) and Tax Transparent Fund (TTF) clients. The provision of tax services to these clients comes with some unique challenges and processes which require an enhanced level of support and oversight.
The role will provide exposure to a wide variety of functions carried out by a global custodian. It will also involve a significant amount of direct interaction with clients and their associated relationship/account managers. Where appropriate, the candidate will also be expected to interact with local sub-custodians and tax authorities. Due to consistently evolving client needs and market developments the candidate will have the opportunity to undertake the required reviews/actions to meet these needs. Similarly there is significant scope for the candidate to identity and improve operational efficiencies and client servicing opportunities
Extensive training will be provided to develop the candidate's skills and subject matter knowledge, allowing them to support all ETS and TTF tax functions The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Support the on-boarding of new ETS and TTF clients/investors from a tax perspective
• On-going support and oversight of ETS and TTF clients, ensuring correct tax treatment is being applied and in a timely manner
• Execute bespoke processes required to support ETS and TTF client needs
• Direct filing of market specific tax reclaims on an ad-hoc basis.
• Develop and maintain up to date procedures
• Production of periodic statistics and highlight any areas of risk
• Resolve queries from clients, colleagues and the local sub-custodian Skills/ Qualifications:
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us
- This role will ideally suit a graduate or a candidate with some experience working in an operational role within a financial institution. An understanding of dividends, asset servicing and withholding tax would be an advantage. The successful candidate will be organised, proactive and articulate.
- Excellent organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Bright, articulate and entrepreneurial with a demonstrated ability to navigate through obstacles and work under pressure
- Proactive, with the mind-set to challenge existing processes with suggestions of how processes can be improved
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to effectively prioritise tasks according to their level of urgency and importance
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Knowledge of dividends, asset servicing and withholding tax would be an advantage.
- Strong MS office skills, including the ability to extract, analyse and summarise large data sets
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.